Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job SummaryEssential Functions
Job Complexities & Impact
- Independently manage programs or multiple projects, typically large size and complexity.
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects or a program.
- Develop project deliverables including project plans, schedules, and status reports.
- Facilitate meetings including preparing agendas and coordinating schedules and materials, documenting meeting minutes, following-up on action items; gathering, organizing and distributing project related documentation.
- Prepare program documents: program roadmaps, plan, scope, and schedules and established program governance.
- Participate in the creation and execution of project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Implement engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with our methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of programs as measured by goals and customer satisfaction.
- Minimize our exposure and risk across multiple projects; Conduct risk monitoring and controls during a project's duration to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
- Comply with and enforces standard policies and procedures.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and established policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots and guides others on a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad application and functional expertise
- Anticipates and wards off problems that may cause risk to the project and its completion
- Manages a Program or Projects ranging from $5MM or greater, typically lasting 12 months or more
- Concurrently lead 3-4 large projects or are a Program Manager for a track or division.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Devises or modifies department processes and procedures
- Negotiates, persuades and gains consensus from cross functional teams
- Errors will have significant and broad business and financial impact
- Risk management and issue resolution
- Drives program and project completion across multiple groups, anticipating and removing barriers
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Supervises Project Coordinators and Project Managers
- Guides and advises less experienced Project Managers
- Manage people with diverse skill sets and reporting structures in matrixed organizations
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle
- Experience working in matrix organization
- 12 years' experience or more of managing large cross functional project teams
- 12 years' experience or more with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Visio)
- 10 years' experience with Microsoft Project and PPM Tools (Project Server)
- 15 years or more Title Insurance acumen and IT experience
- Strong knowledge of IT delivery methodologies (RUP, ITIL, Agile, Waterfall)
- Ability to create an environment that motivates, inspires and respects others.
- Strong leadership skills to inspire coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Detail oriented possessing strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong analytical skills as well as ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to build team cohesiveness across multiple projects to achieve successful program results
- Strong Management skills: Ability to lead and mentor project managers
- Strong Project Accounting skills: Ability to integrate financial data for multiple projects; develop project cost estimates and forecasting
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to provide executive level communication of program and project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the program to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the program
- Ability to anticipate and address issues openly and quickly
- Ensure that sensitive information is always tactfully communicated
- Ability to handle and resolve difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion and respect for the individual
- Listen to others and accept input from team members
Typical Range of Experience
- BS/BA Required
- MBA or MS/MA preferred
License or Certification
- Typically have 12+ years of directly related experience
- 2 - 3 years program management experience
- 2 - 3 years' experience managing direct reports
- PMP Certificate preferred
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Preferred
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal work hours and/or responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.