Piper Companies is currently seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails (RoR) Systems Engineer
for a fully remote
position. The Senior Ruby on Rails (RoR) Systems Engineer
will have the opportunity to develop features and maintain software applications for the leading education technology innovator.Responsibilities of the Senior Ruby on Rails (RoR) Systems Engineer:
Qualifications of the Senior Ruby on Rails (RoR) Systems Engineer:
- Develop well-documented and structured code to meet software development goals and to complete new development and maintenance tasks
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business analysts, project managers and other engineers, as well as mentor junior team members by regularly reviewing and providing feedback on their code.
- Use version control tools for code evaluations and write unit and integration tests around code to maintain the company test suite.
Compensation for the Senior Ruby on Rails (RoR) Systems Engineer:
- 5+ years of experience in backend web application stack, preferably Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL in an agile environment
- Experience with C#, Python, PHP, Redis, ElasticSearch, Single Sign On (SSO), ReactJS, SAML, Kafka, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Docker preferred
- Knowledge of version control tools such as git and of test-driven development preferably using Rspec
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred; or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Salary Range: $120,000 - $145,000+ base plus bonuses & equity **dependent upon experience**
- Comprehensive Benefits: PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Remote work available