Position overview / Statement of Work
The client is seeking full-time contractual positions in alignment with its project to provide production support assistance with the Oracle eBusiness human capital management system and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) business intelligence and data warehouse solution. These roles will work with the agency and central departmental business users to analyze, research, document, and resolve production support issues and optimize business processes using delivered application configuration and the underlying Oracle technologies and tools. This team will perform the Oracle eBusiness human capital management and OBIEE production support activities related to the City-wide rollout of this functionality to more than 35,000 civil service and exempt employees.
- Researching and resolving production support break-fix issues and enhancement requests.
- Deploying templates and standards.
- Co-developing the team plans, timelines, organizational structure, and effort estimates.
- Meeting deliverable schedule.
- Advising Internal lead on assigning work items to team members/subject matter experts.
- Creating new/revising existing configuration and documenting configuration decisions.
- Writing/revising development item, security, and batch functional specifications.
- Developing/assisting with test script creation.
- Performing/supporting testing efforts, including researching and resolving issues.
- Providing input to business processes, user procedures, & training materials.
- Confirming team member and subject matter expert deliverables are completed within quality, timeline, and budgetary requirements.
- Liaise with project team members to facilitate issue resolution and completion of deliverables.
- Escalating issues which affect delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence.
- Providing accurate and detailed weekly task reports.
Skills/experience REQUIRED of the assigned staff:
- More than 10 years of Oracle Human Capital Management implementation/upgrade experience as a functional lead within areas of responsibility.
- Have extensive experience implementing and supporting complex public sector time & labor functionality including multifaceted time entry rules, positive posting and exception-based time posting, Biweekly Flex and Weekly Flex Configurations vs Extensions, Fast Formulas, etc.
- Extensive experience developing functional project plans, configuring the applications, documenting the business processes and application configuration, writing functional specifications, creating test scripts, executing test scripts, researching and resolving testing issues, documenting user procedures, and preparing for and executing go-live activities in large complex clients.
- Experience with Oracle human capital management upgrade and/or implementation activities at public sector, higher education, or healthcare industry clients.
- Expertise working on customized Oracle HCM and integrating with Oracle financials, supply chain, student, and OBIEE functionality, and custom and/or 3rd Party Systems and Service Providers.
- Extensive experience working on teams comprised of integrated client, consulting firm, and/or independent Oracle consultants.
- Experience performing upgrade and/or implementation projects in a multi-entity shared services and decentralized transaction processing environment with employee populations of greater than 30,000.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, MS Project, and SharePoint and/or equivalent.
- Knowledge of human capital management-related (HCM) transaction processes and technologies.
- Knowledge of full Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from a functional lead perspective.
- Ability to keep HCM data confidential.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skillsets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create leader, user, and project documentation and procedures, clearly and concisely.
- Strong meeting facilitation and interviewing skills.
- Meeting presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Extensive supervising, coaching, interpersonal, and collaborating skills and overseeing high quality and timely deliverable creation.