Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.comJob Summary***Open to remote hire - Opportunity to Work From Home*** **With preference for Dallas Major Metro or surrounding cities**
How would you like to work for one of Fortune's top 100 Best Places to Work in 2020? At First American, we believe in People First and it shows in the passion and energy of our employees.
First American is looking for a Lead Cloud Devops Engineer
to join our team. You will build secure automation capabilities that enable our application and data engineers to unveil their products to the world. Our goal is to create the platform to make a product smart, secure, and fast. If you are ready to bring your skills to work alongside our team of engineers, we promise you'll be working hands-on in the cloud with some of the newest technologies out there. What you will do:
- Develop and Implement complex automation tasks and cloud architecture
- Advocate DevOps culture, tooling, delivery methods, and cultural practices
- Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of an agile project
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to peers and less experienced engineers
- Identify and raise technical risks and issues
- Research and stay current in AWS, technology, associated vendor products, and their interdependencies
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs
- 3+ years of progressively responsible software engineering and DevOps experience
- Experience designing and implementing end-to-end Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Demonstrated production environment experience with at least one major public cloud (i.e., AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure)
- Experience in Configuration Management and Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM, etc...)
- Experience collaborating across multiple functional and/or technical teams to deliver an Agile-based project
- Demonstrated growth mentality, enthusiasm about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address practical business problems
- Ability to communicate with team members and partners to work through technical solutions
- Experience delivering complex solutions utilizing common scripting/programming languages (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python, Go, etc...)
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental cloud security (e.g., Identity and Access Management, firewalls, etc...)
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.