Please contact for details on this 100% REMOTE FTE Sr. Front-end Engineer position supporting our FinTech client's mobile web application. Sr. Front-end Engineer (Mobile Apps) Job Description
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer (Focused on Mobile Apps). You will work with our design and engineering teams to plan, design, and develop web and mobile applications. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value their work and who welcome fresh ideas. This role can be remote within the Central and Eastern time zones. Who you are:
What you'll do:
- You're driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the user
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries and expand you knowledge and skill set
What we're looking for:
- Assist in the definition of system architecture and detailed solution design that are scalable and extensible
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible
- Become a subject matter expert for our mobile applications
- Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyone's socks off
- Mentor junior developers on the team
- Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
- A love for working in ambiguity-and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don't form an opinion and sell it as if it's gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
- Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
- Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities, as necessary
- Minimum B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or related discipline from accredited college or University
- At least 2 years of experience building iOS-based applications utilizing hybrid technologies
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS and/or Openshift
- Experience integrating with native device API's (iOS)
- Experience with front-end and/or mobile-specific testing frameworks
- Strong experience in object-oriented design and development
- Knowledge of building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Excellent sense of web design, passionate about creating and refining great mobile user experiences.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and consistently meet established timelines
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Java
- Familiarity with Apache Cordova framework
- Built or maintained custom Cordova plugin
- Demonstrable knowledge of native coding background in iOS
- Understanding of Apple certificate and profile management
- Experience developing and deploying applications within Kubernetes based containers
- Experience in Agile and SCRUM development techniques
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at