The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Warfighting & Counterspace Department of the Special Programs Division provides technical expertise, systems engineering and mission assurance to the United States Space Force's Warfighting Enterprise Division of the Special Programs Directorate. The Warfighting & Counterspace Department is involved in the development and continued improvement of several ground-based systems that play key roles in our nation's defense. This position applies technical expertise across this portfolio of these programs.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Provide radio frequency expertise to Warfighting & Counterspace system to include requirements development, root cause analysis and systems assessments
- Deliver digital signal processing expertise to Warfighting & Counterspace system to include requirements development, root cause analysis and systems assessments
- Work as a member of an Aerospace integrated team to provide value added technical guidance to our Space Force customers
- Contribute to milestone and readiness assessment activities across Warfighting & Counterspace programs
- Assist in the assessment and integration of new capabilities across Warfighting and Counterspace programs.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in engineering, physical sciences, or mathematics
- Typically eight or more years of relevant experienc
- Experience with and understanding of radio frequency systems
- Background in digital signal processing
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Willing to travel domestically approximately 10 - 20%
- This position requires a current Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain additional clearances which are issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Advanced degree from an accredited program in engineering, physical sciences, or mathematics
- System engineering experience to include requirements development and system test
- Experience with satellite communications systems
- Experience with one or more Department of Defense Systems
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement