Network Engineer II IP/MICROWAVE BACKHAUL
As an IP/Microwave Backhaul Engineer, you will be part of the national Network Deployment Engineering team. You will perform network integration for IP/Microwave Transport nodes such as IP-Aggregators (IPAs), Cell site Routers (CSRs), and Microwave Radio devices across multi-vendor platforms. In addition, you can be part of team which performs network planning, system design and network deployment programs. Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, Lessons learned, knowledge sharing activities.
This role is a key, strategic part of our business and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions.
• Partner with commissioning & integration deployment teams for new site builds
• Implement various IP & Microwave Backhaul topologies Necklace, Ring, Hub-n-Spoke, etc.
• Develop backhaul network device configuration scripts
• Troubleshoot sites that do not pass integration testing and drive failure resolution
• Assemble site specific CIQ source data to auto-generate backhaul network device configuration scripts
• Provision network elements in database tool and applicable Element Management Systems as needed
• Ensure microwave radio configuration MOPs are implemented correctly
• Complete Spirent QScope RFC 2544 connectivity test to actualize backhaul acceptance tasks
• Perform prerequisite task(s) needed to ensure that backhaul is ready and accepted.
• Support field implementation and performance troubleshooting efforts
• Escalate client problems according to established procedures but exercising judgment in the process
• Prepare, report, review test results/Methods of Procedure (MOP) documentation.
• Ability to plan and lead network maintenance windows
• University degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience working in telecom network infrastructures, preferably with 3 or more years in the providing implementation and technical support of Microwave, Ethernet, and Dark Fiber backhaul solutions.
• Strong demonstrated understanding and implementation of advanced routing protocols BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, Layer 2/3 VPNs, BFD and IPsec
• Industry recognized certification such as CCNP/CCIE, JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE
• 3 4 years of experience in microwave design and development in a telecommunications environment
• Knowledge of all types of circuits Microwave, Leased Ethernet, Dark and Lit Fiber, MPLS, WAN, MAN, P2P, P2MP, etc.
• Hands of experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting the following cellular backhaul network devices:
• IPAs: ALU/Nokia -7750, Cisco - ASR9010, Ericsson - SE1200 CSRs: ALU/Nokia - 7705 SAR-F,
• CSRs: ALU/Nokia -7705 SAR-8, Juniper - ACX2200/4000, Cisco - ASR901, ASR920, MWR2941, Ericsson - SP-210, SP-310
• EMS Platforms: SAMB, Service-On, Cisco Prime Network
• Microwave Radio Equipment: Ceragon Network, IP20C; Dragonwave HEMC; Fastback Networks
• Packet analysis and network protocol dissection skills, using tools such as Wireshark/Ethereal
• Knowledge and deployment experience of Quality of Service within a network
• Network analysis and management experience using TCP/IP, SNMP, DHCP, NTP, DNS, SSH, etc.
• Experience with provisioning CSRs/IPAs in vendor (EMS) Element Management Systems (Cisco Prime Network, ALU/Nokia Service Aware Manager (SAMB), Ericsson Service-On)
• Strong collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
Qualifications (Nice to Haves, Not a Must)
• Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, Java, VBScript, Perl, Secure CRT, Excel, etc.
• Exceptional Excel Skills, specifically in use for project trackers and reporting:
• VLOOKUP formulas, Count and Sum formulas, Pivot Tables Creation & Management
• Normal working hours are standard Monday through Friday business hours. However, this position also requires participation in a 24x7on-call rotation and off hour maintenance windows.