Solidus is looking for a RF Engineer to join a team that designs and fabricates custom prototypes for multiple groups. The successful candidate will have experience in the design, fabrication, and integration of advanced RF systems. The engineer must be hands-on and enjoy building hardware, developing and executing functional tests, and troubleshooting hardware prototypes.
- Develop system level RF models and then design, build and test novel engineering prototypes of RF systems. The engineer will work on a variety of short duration (6-18 month) projects to providing support to the lead engineers.
- Candidate will take direction from and interface directly with other engineers to create the designs for novel RF prototoype systems. Experience in RF modeling, design, fabrication and testing of RF systems especially for defense applications (aircraft, ships, and vehicles) are highly desirable.
- Must be familiar with variety of RF components, how they affect the design, and how to optimize the design to facilitate ease of fabrication, assembly, and testing.
- Develop efficiently packaged RF/electronics systems, and diverse sensors onto variety of platforms, ranging from land-based demonstrations to small unmanned aerial systems.
- Must have a blend of design and hands on build and test skills. Emphasis remains on practical hands on skills rather than theoretical.
- ship and ability to obtain a DoD security clearance; active Secret preferred
- MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
- Work history that includes hands-on systems design, integration, and test and strong desire to build things
- Experience with the design of sensor systems for defense applications (radars, communications systems, signal synthesis, other RF systems)
- Experience with RF modeling tools for active and passive RF circuit design (i.e. ADS or Microwave Office, and HFSS, CST, or Feko)
- Experience with spice tools for circuit design (such as LT spice or other tool)
- Experience with using MATLAB for basic signal processing applications and data analysis
- Experience with (PCB) design tools (i.e., Mentor Graphics, Altium) and multilayer RF circuit board design
- Mandatory the candidate be able to work both independently and in highly motivated multidisciplinary small teams
- Prototype demonstrating full design cycle from initial concept through final tested and validated microwave or millimeter wave RF product
- HFSS for microwave or millimeter wave design and analysis including filters
- Multi-layer RF printed circuit board design using 3D RF modeling tools (HFSS etc.) for implementing microwave passives and interconnects. This would include TEM, quasi TEM, and non TEM transmission line structures, couplers, filters, power dividers, layer transitions, connector launches etc.
- Frequency planning and RF cascade design and analysis
- Design and/or analysis of digital signal processing, communications systems, and or control system applications using MATLAB
- Mentor Graphics printed circuit board design tools
- Experience with simple microcontroller coding
- Prefer candidates with recent relevant engineering experience versus candidates who are primarily performing a managerial role in prototype development
Job ID 3903
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.