Solidus is searching for an RF Engineer.
Major activities within the group include the development of optical systems, communication systems, and wideband, airborne, over-the-horizon, and bistatic radar systems with technology development in the areas of phased arrays, advanced waveforms, adaptive signal processing, and unique detection and tracking algorithms. The work in the group often requires the fabrication of one-of-a-kind operational and experimental test assets in support of a significant amount of field testing and data collection to prove new concepts
- U.S. Citizen and Active Secret Clearance
- B.S. degree and at least 3 years of experience in:
- Antenna Systems
- Active Microwave Circuits
- On-chip Passive Microwave Component
- Passive Microwave Component Design
- RF and Analog Systems
- RF Receiver Technology
- RF Signals (Antennas, EM Propagation and Modeling, Down-Conversion Receivers)
- Signal Processing- Analog and Mixed Signal (especially RF)
- Relevant design experience, hands-on system realization and field testing of HF and microwave radar systems.
- Strong familiarity of RF component design, analysis, fabrication, and troubleshooting
- Strong familiarity with RF laboratory equipment including waveform generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers.
- Candidate must have good organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments working independently and in a team environment.
- Effective communication with colleagues, sponsors, and other research sites.
- Cable and PCB Assembly
- PCB Design and Layout
- Execution of PCB assembly
- Procurement of PCB components
- Hardware Design Tools such as SolidWorks, PCB Layout Tools such as Altium Designer
- Phased Array Radar Systems
- Familiarity with industry standard electromagnetic antenna modeling software.
- Familiarity with industry standard circuit design software and PCB layout.
- Desire and ability to participate in field testing which may involve travel.
Job ID: 4163
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.