Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in Linthicum Maryland is seeking a RF Test Design Engineer to join our Dynamic Team of Engineers!
Join the Test Design Engineering community that offers unique design challenges that combine the talents of multiple engineering disciplines including Hardware, Firmware, Software, Mechanical Design, Systems Engineering and Program Management. Test equipment capabilities ranges from modules to sub-systems.
Typical Roles and Responsibilities:
Design creative and flexible HW/SW solutions with a motivated team of experts
HW Design Examples:
Electronic Circuit Design
SW Design Examples:
Real Time, Pre and Post Processing Data Analytics
Actively support the investigation, resolution and documentation of product anomalies
Understanding Design to Cost
This position is a Dual Level Position, candidates will be considered at both the Principal and Sr. Principal Level per the Basic Qualifications listed below.
- The ability to read and interpret specifications, schematics and block diagrams
- Mix of hardware and software skills
- Experience in text based programming (e.g. C / C++)
- Background and working knowledge in RF theory and concepts
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Experience with test & measurement equipment
- Minimum active interim Secret Clearance required prior to start
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related STEM discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Bachelors degree or 3 years with a Masters degree (Sr. Principal - 5 years experience with B.S. or 7 years experience with a Masters Degree)
- Advanced degree in Engineering or related STEM discipline
- Test design and integration background
- Experience with LabWindows CVI, C / C++ programming
- TestStand programming
- Experience with schematic design tools (e.g. Mentor Graphics, Zuken, etc.)
- Proficiency with digital, analog & RF test equipment
- Hands-on troubleshooting of electrical hardware
- Active higher level clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.