Please note that this is a 12-18 months contract position.
Key responsibilities will be the production and purification of synthetic RNA and chemically modified synthetic RNA using automated solid-phase synthesis techniques. Other responsibilities will include sample preparation, data acquisition, and data analysis of synthetic oligonucleotides by LC-MS using QTOF instruments and software. Detailed recordkeeping of all steps in the workflow is imperative. You will be pushing RNA synthesis state of the art using client's proprietary TC-RNA chemistry, and will be responsible for ordering, maintaining, and monitoring an inventory of chemical reagents, as well as maintenance and monitoring of the hardware components used for the synthesis, purification and analysis of the RNA products.
- MS/MA in Chemistry or Biochemistry, or equivalent.
- 2+ years' experience synthetic organic and/or analytical chemistry.
- Experience with HPLC purification techniques
- Experience with Mass Spectrometry.
- Practiced in the development and bottling of buffers and reagents, as well as the management of laboratory chemicals and raw materials inventories.
- Ability to work independently and to execute and troubleshoot new methods.
- Excellent time management, record keeping, teamwork and communication skills.
- Computer literacy including proficiency with Word and Excel Desired Qualifications
- Experience in solid-phase oligonucleotide synthesis, using and trouble-shooting automated solid-phase synthesizers and optimizing synthetic protocols and reaction schemas.
- Experience in the optimization of purification protocols for oligonucleotides (RNA and DNA) via HPLC.
- Experience with Mass Hunter software for data acquisition and analysis
- Hands-on experience manipulating and synthesizing RNA in an R&D environment and practiced in anhydrous and RNAse-free lab techniques.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A270.
San Francisco, CA, 94159Contact