Solidus is searching for a Radar System Engineer for advanced radar system modeling and design, implementation support, testing, and analysis. The Engineer will join a team that performs concept development, prototype design, analysis, and demonstrations in support of the National test ranges and HF and air defense radars and systems. Major activities within the group include the development of optical systems, communication systems, and wideband, airborne, over-the-horizon, and bistatic radar systems with technology development in the areas of phased arrays, advanced waveforms, adaptive signal processing, and unique detection and tracking algorithms. The work in the group often requires the fabrication of one-of-a-kind operational and experimental test assets in support of a significant amount of field testing and data collection to prove new concepts.
Position Scope/Job Functions include but not limited to:
- Domains: Wideband radar system analysis and design, associated signal and data processing, radar calibration, testing, and data analysis.
- Architect and design advanced radar systems.
- Design, develop, and evaluate advanced radar signal and data processing algorithms.
- Develop test plans to evaluate radar systems and/or subsystems, execute tests, analyze data, and evaluate performance.
- Wideband radar system design, development, and testing
- U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Active Secret Clearance highly preferred.
- PhD plus 3 years minimum experience, or MS plus 5 years minimum experience.
- Ability to propose and explore new and innovative techniques and technologies and be able to understand how these new technologies can affect a radar system's capabilities.
- Experience with wideband radar system design, development, and testing.
- Significant experience in the following fields: RF systems, radar signal processing, statistical signal processing, and moving target detection and tracking.
- Effective communication with colleagues, sponsors, and other research sites.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments working independently and in a team environment.
- Moving target detection and tracking
- Radar and Statistical Signal Processing Development and Algorithm Development
- Experience with wideband phased array radar systems, radar system design, development, and testing,
- MATLAB, C or C++ programming experience is strongly desired.
-Familiarity with RF laboratory equipment including waveform generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers.
- Test Equipment, RF design, Layout, Fabrication, High-Power Amplifiers, Prototyping
Job ID: 4219
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.