Description Job Description:
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Radio Frequency (RF) Transmissions Engineer (Level 4) at MacDill AFB, FL.
Supports the Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE), by providing engineering, installation, integration, operations, and maintenance of RF communications, including Wi-Fi, Third Generation (3G), Fourth Generation (4G) and Fifth Generation (5G) Long Term Evolution (LTE), Line of Sight (LOS), High Frequency Beyond Line of Sight (HF BLOS), and SATCOM radios, into NIPRNet and SIPRNet IP-based communications networks.
- Engineer, install, integrate, operate, and maintain Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) and Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) solutions.
- Utilize RF test equipment, design RF experiments to serve as proof of concept of proposed long-distance radio links, and interface computers and other IP network-based equipment with radio systems and networks.
- Operate and troubleshoot radios using the Adaptive Networking Wideband Waveform (ANW2), Integrated Waveform (IW), High Performance Waveform (HPW), and Demand Assigned Multiple Access (DAMA) waveforms.
- Conduct traffic analysis, system design and dimensioning, radio site identification, evaluation and zoning support, frequency planning, interference analysis and performance optimization for JCSE's tactical radio systems.
- Generate RF reports documenting system performance and design considerations in Excel, Access, and Structured Query Language (SQL) as required. Lead, manage and coordinate activities of RF planning, system design, system employment and system security. Define and document processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks.
- Create, document, and communicate to JCSE's engineering lead information on proposed system upgrades, estimated costs, schedules, and project plans to accomplish the system upgrades or modifications within budget and schedule constraints.
- Perform and document optimization techniques to include proper antenna selection for optimal horizontal/vertical performance, mechanical/electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance, and neighbor list analysis) for optimal site/cluster performance.
- Bachelor's degree and 8-12 yrs. of relevant experience or Masters degree with 6-10 yrs of prior relevant experience; additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification.
- Minimum of a Secret clearance prior to start.
GSMOExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.