RapidScale is one of the fastest-growing Cloud Computing companies in the industry. Based in Raleigh, NC, the company has a solid track record of delivering world-class products and services to our customers located throughout the country and around the globe. RapidScale is seen as a leader in desktop virtualization with marked success in application virtualization for both Windows and Mac applications. The company also provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Desktop as a Service (DaaS), Backup as a Service (BaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions with leading cloud & enterprise infrastructure.
The Cloud Network Engineer will work as a member of the Cloud Platforms Architecture & Engineering department. The Cloud Network Engineers' primary responsibility is sustaining, building, and upgrading RapidScale's LAN/WAN networks and related infrastructure.
The overall Architecture & Engineering team is responsible for successfully designing, planning, building and operating the RapidScale Cloud platforms. The Architects are primarily responsible for leading new initiatives or significant changes from inception to implementation. The Engineers are primarily responsible for sustaining, upgrading & extending platforms. All department members provide advanced support, troubleshooting, and management for the RapidScale Cloud platforms. Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
(Essential Duties include but are not limited to):
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Install & upgrade the RapidScale cloud platform network infrastructure components according to industry best practices
- Change the network configurations as needed for optimal security and or connectivity
- Configure monitoring and backups of network devices
- Hands-on installation & configuration of the RapidScale network & related technology
- Perform complex network configuration work across multiple data center and multiple customer environments in multi-tenant clouds
- Optimize the utilization, performance & capacity of the RapidScale Network & Cloud Platforms
- Plan & Schedule network maintenance according to RapidScale SOP's
- Create & maintain network documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Partner and collaborate with internal teams in the support of cloud environments.
- Review entire environment and execute network-related initiatives to reduce failures, defects, and improve overall performance
- Document network configurations, procedures, and processes for use by other cloud operators
- Assist internal and external customers with advanced troubleshooting of the RapidScale networks
- Maintain uptime within acceptable SLA's & standards.
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
Preferred Experience with the Following Technologies:
- A proven level of expertise & competence with Network Infrastructure installation, operation, & upgrades
- 5 years of work experience or equivalent college degree and work experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in completing assigned technical tasks
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to work on a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- Travel internationally 10%-25% for work in RapidScale data centers & professional development
- Applies experiences and knowledge attained in solving problems that are complex in scope, requiring in-depth evaluation as well as the ability to identify problems in advance, and propose solutions.
- Requires limited supervision and direction; drive results, and set priorities independently.
- Ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously. This position will require working with several departments and different personalities.
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced, positive, high energy environment. It can have periods of high stress due to deadlines and the necessity of quick response times.
- Protects and maintains the integrity of our company and customer information. These protections include information assets including customer and company information for any PHI, PII, billing, contact, and other related personal or proprietary information. All positions at Rapidscale have role-based levels of access to networks, systems, customers, and company information. Information Security is a top priority and access granted is limited to only necessary systems and information required to perform the expected job responsibilities.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs & install equipment up to 2 hours per day
- Employment experience with a CSP and / or MSP
- Experience operating multi-tenant environment(s)
- Firewalls & Network Security devices
- Switches, Routers, & Load Balancers
- Network Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, HSRP)
- Monitoring & Alerting (SNMP, NetFlow, Syslog, etc)
- Optical Transport
- VPN configuration
- Carrier & Circuit Management
- VMware (vSphere, NSX, vCD, etc)
Who We Are About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.