Skill: Pentaho ETL / BI Consultant
Role: T3, T2
Location : Remote
- 10+ years of BI-ETL experience, 3+ years of ETL using Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle and Spoon)
- Must have experience on Pentaho Metadata Injection
- Experience with Pentaho Enterprise Edition experience and XML processing (SAX and DOM) is a Plus
- Having good BI Implementation experience by design
- Expertise in designing and troubleshooting Pentaho data integration (kettle) jobs, transformations, steps and data transformations.
- Strong expertise in writing PL/SQL scripts, functions, stored procedures, complex SQL queries, PL/SQL analytical functions, hierarchical, parent-child queries.
- Expert in design and development of jobs to capture CDC (Change Data Capture) from source systems.
- Expertise in Java scripts, CSS, HTML & Unix shell scripts to support custom functions or steps is a plus
- Expert in designing and setting up exception handling and performance tuning of jobs.
- Ownership of all the deliverables such as Pentaho PDI Job designs, process improvements and consolidation exercises
- Working with dependent teams such as DBA, Admin etc for tasks that require other team’s assistance
- Controlling Configuration Management to take care of multiple Pentaho PDI code versions and their management
- Monitoring History data, Initial Loadings and data reconciliation by working closely with Business users/stakeholders for validations
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 21,000 people globally that cares about your growth — one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.