Our client, a prestigious Private Equity (PE) firm focused on growth investing (Billions in AUM), is looking to hire a full-time Senior Front-End Developer.
This position requires extensive hands-on development expertise with a focus in React.js. Additional experience in areas such as .NET Core (C#) and Agile environments would be nice to have.
Please note: In order to be considered, you must be comfortable being onsite in the office starting in September (after Labor Day).
Front-End Developer Summary:
The front end developer will work closely with a small team of software developers to build, maintain and document back office web applications. The ideal candidate is a developer who understands the industries best practices and has experience with developing in a Microsoft environment. They are a team player who has strong communication and be able to work in a highly adaptable environment.
· Design, develop and document software solutions for current internal back office web applications
· Ensure all new web applications function smoothly across various platforms (mobile and desktop)
· Optimize new and existing web applications to follow coding standards
· Perform testing on new and existing features in the web applications
· Support legacy back office web applications
· Interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems
· Profile and investigate application performance issues, and coordinate optimization initiatives
· Debug functional application issues to determine root cause
· Work closely with an offshore development team
· Working within a cloud environment
· Keeps up to date on the newest technological innovations
· Work experience as web developer
· Expert knowledge with React
· Knowledge of HTML/CSS
· Knowledge of agile development
· Understanding of security best practices
· Understanding of application architecture
· Experience working with business user’s
· Excellent Communication skills, written and oral
· Knowledge of C# is a plus
· Understand discipline of software development life cycle
· A strong appreciation for the importance of usability in web applications
· Familiarity with common design pattern used in web/enterprise applications
· Familiarity with emerging cloud and web technologies. (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
· Familiarity with source code control systems (Subversion, GIT)
· Experience using open source automation testing frameworks/tools