ASSYST is looking for a Refugee Operations Manager to lead the U.S. Department of State Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System WRAPS initiative. This highly visible, multi-year project includes components of overseas and domestic refugee processing, IT infrastructure and network support, and the modernization, enhancement and maintenance and of the WRAPS application.
Location is at the Refugee Processing Center in Arlington, VA.
Active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required.
- Under the general direction of the PM and DPM, works closely with PRM to support the overall mission for overseas and domestic components of the US Refugee Admissions Program.
- Ensures that the RPC and RSC SOPs are aligned with DOS policy and business rules.
- Supervises Refugee Operations which is comprised of overseas case processing, including special immigrant visa processing and clearance checks, and domestic case processing.
- Ensures staff is cross-trained to avoid processing backlog during workload fluctuations.
- Subject matter expert in refugee processing procedures.
- Familiar with refugee administration including report generation techniques, associated statistical methods, congressional inquiries and help desk procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with supervisors to obtain data required for planning refugee operations activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Assigns or delegates responsibility for specified work or functional activities and disseminates policy.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Coordinates Refugee Operations activities with Production Support, User Acceptance Testing, systems design and prototype reviews to provide the user perspective in WRAPS system development and troubleshooting defects.
- Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budget. Prepares reports and records on department activities for management.
- Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
- Establishes standards for functions that are in accord with the contractor's quality control and configuration management programs, ensures that they are understood and evaluates employee performance.
- Reviews or spot checks the work of employees and is available to provide advice and assistance as needed.
- May initiate or authorize employee hire, promotion, discharge, or transfer.
Education and Related Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- Minimum of (5) years of progressive management experience
- At least five years of hands-on experience in work similar to that being supervised
- Ability to prepare management, business, technical, and personnel reports, reviews, and documents for internal and external use
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more, in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.