Refugee Operations Manager
LOCATION: Washington, DC
We are a SBA Certified SDB Corporation with GSA Schedule, CMMI Level 3 Certification. CMCI provides superior Management Consulting and IT services to empower enterprises to achieve their business goals in today's highly competitive market. CMCI focuses on delivering quality customer solutions within the cost and schedule constraints of a program/project. We take an intuitive and collaborative approach in providing clients with IT solutions to implement their business processes that improve efficiency and quality to meet mission critical needs.
CMCI's goal is to expedite and deliver Superior Quality Solutions while achieving the highest level of satisfaction with its customers by providing a wide range of products & services. Our foundation is built on establishing lasting relationships with clients and customers. To learn more about CMCI go to www.c-mci.com.
- Under the general direction of the PM and DPM, works closely with PRM to support the overall mission for overseas and domestic components of the US Refugee Admissions Program. Ensures that the RPC and RSC SOPs are aligned with DOS policy and business rules.
- Supervises Refugee Operations which is comprised of overseas case processing, including special immigrant visa processing and clearance checks, and domestic case processing. Ensures staff is cross-trained to avoid processing backlog during workload fluctuations.
- Subject matter expert in refugee processing procedures. Familiar with refugee administration including report generation techniques, associated statistical methods, congressional inquiries and help desk procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with supervisors to obtain data required for planning refugee operations activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered. Assigns or delegates responsibility for specified work or functional activities and disseminates policy. Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Coordinates Refugee Operations activities with Production Support, User Acceptance Testing, systems design and prototype reviews to provide the user perspective in WRAPS system development and troubleshooting defects.
- Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budget. Prepares reports and records on department activities for management. Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
- Establishes standards for functions that are in accord with the contractor's quality control and configuration management programs, ensures that they are understood and evaluates employee performance. Reviews or spot checks the work of employees and is available to provide advice and assistance as needed. May initiate or authorize employee hire, promotion, discharge, or transfer.
Clearance • Top Secret
Education and Related Experience
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- Minimum of (5) years of progressive management experience • At least five years of hands-on experience in work similar to that being supervised
- Ability to prepare management, business, technical, and personnel reports, reviews, and documents for internal and external use
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position is contingent upon award of the contract to CMCI and requires signature of a Letter of Commitment.