What will you do
At Drger, it is our passion and dedication to protect, support and save lives. Our dedication to life naturally extends to the quality of our employees' lives. They are the essence of our company, and without them, we would not be what we are today - a world leader in medical and safety technology. We are searching for people who want to join us in building "Technology for Life".
The purpose of this position is to generate profitable sales equal to or greater than our annual sales goals/commitments while satisfying the needs of our customers better than our competition.Strategic Territory Management (Beaumont-Port Arthur Area)
- Identifies potential target end-users & prioritizes accounts and opportunities to produce the best sales and profitability results
- Focuses majority of time and resources on sales into the oil, gas, and chemical market, while also covering sales into the application driven markets, through direct sales and also by using a pull through strategy when needed.
- Maintains a high awareness of market trends and the competition, their strengths, weaknesses, sales and marketing methods & shares this information with internal stakeholders
- Develops an annual sales plan and applies time & territory management techniques to maximize productivity & plans sales activities 30 -60 days in advance.
- Adhere to all company import compliance and export compliance Work Instructions, Policies and Procedures.
- Builds strong relationships with end-user decision makers and key influencers within the business
- Effectively manages expectations of the customer to match capabilities of the company
- Follows-up on promises and commitments made on behalf of the company.
- Conducts research as part of the pre-call planning process to identify key decision makers & influencers, and to anticipate customer needs.
- Probes to understand and uncover customer needs based on the customers application and promotes value, not price.
- Differentiates Draeger by effectively presenting our products and services as a solution to customer needs and business issues.
- Remains current with Company, State, Provincial and Federal related safety regulations and policies with respect to the Draeger product being sold.
- Has "expert" knowledge of the feature/benefits and USP's of Draeger products vs. the competition
Behavioural & Communication Skills
- Effectively utilizes all tools provided such as CRM, e-mail, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software, etc. and maintains accurate, up-to-date records
- Ensures expenses are controlled and justified within budgetary guidelines.
- Manages and maintains consignment and demo equipment to ensure accurate record keeping and cost-effective utilization.
- Maintains company property & equipment (company car, etc.) in good working order
Who you areEducation:
- Behaviour reflects Draeger's Guiding Principles.
- Maintains co-operative working relationships internally & externally
- Demonstrates the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
- Regularly meets deadlines for time-sensitive activities.
- Demonstrates good judgement in investigating & solving problems & seeks guidance as necessary in the performance of duties.
- Operates in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
BA in business or technical related discipline from an accredited university and/or four plus years of job-related experience in similar positionRelated Experience
Special Competencies or Certifications
- Required: Two or more years' experience selling safety products in a B to B and B to C business environment.
- Preferred:Four or more year's sales experience in selling technical products to the energy and industrial markets.
Work Environment / Conditions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM systems.
- Must be able to perform routine arithmetic calculations and have a complete understanding of pricing structures and gross margin.
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing well enough to articulate company and product information to customer.
- Operate computer, office equipment
- Must be able to understand the technical aspects of our products and their applications.
- Most work will be done with end users at industrial and municipal sites.
- Visits will be made to independent channel partner offices.
- There will be travel by vehicle or plane to customer locations, which will involve routine traffic hazards.
- The candidate must reside within the territory.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds will be required.