At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking an experienced team of Regulatory Engineers to drive the regulation efforts to ensure a successful deployment of Dish's 5G Wireless Network. The Regulated Services Team will provide a deeper understanding of Telecommunication networks and articulate the key traffic issues within network core and customer experience. Team members will have deep understanding of voice and Switched PSTN Voice Call Flows, and a full range of features and functions of network operations, including long distance/toll calling, international, E911, toll-free, CALEA, and related recommend network architecture, requirements and specifications for mobile voice traffic. Team members will have working knowledge of voice and signaling protocols including SIP and SS7, industry standards and associated requirements. DISH intends to work with 3rd parties to provide voice services, hence this team will also be responsible for performing detailed evaluations of service providers' capabilities and performance.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Must have a clear understanding of both Operational and Regulatory requirements for 5G Wireless Network such as E911, WEA, CALEA.
- Deeper understanding in telco networks and articulate, understand key traffic Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the network and from a customer experience perspective.
- Ability to communicate the technical and regulatory requirements to business stakeholders to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained or enhanced, and understood consistently.
- Develop, execute, and maintain plans and procedure necessary for DISH to provide excellent customer service to those requiring 911 services
- Manage activities such as audits or regulatory agency inspections.
- Ability to problem solve under-pressure, while maintaining respectful communications with team and vendors and producing high-quality, lasting results.
- Open, track, close, document trouble identification and isolation activities associated with Regulated Services.
- Demonstrated awareness of impact of actions on team, on department, and DISH business objectives
- Ability to learn and apply new skills to business requirements to the benefit of the DISH ecosystem, including preparing execution reports displaying results and describing relevant program lifecycle management.
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO Skills and experience
Successful candidates will have:
- Preferred B.S.or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Emergency Management or related field, and a minimum of 2 - 5+ years of direct engineering experience; in certain cases, job experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Certifications in professional or technical skill development
- Experience designing and implementing regulatory/compliance programs.
- Understanding IEEE, FCC, or State-level Regulations with ability to handle complex regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated career progression, both in responsibilities and skill development
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good attitude, team spirit with ability to adapt to frequent change
- Excel, Word, Power Point, Google Suite experience is beneficial
Compensation: $74,520.00/Year - $116,955.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.