The Squires Group has multiple contract opportunities for Junior Release/Cloud Engineers
to work on a Federal project. In this role, you will assist the operations team with managing resources for a large application that supports over 20,000 users in a 24/7 high availability AWS cloud-based environment. This position requires one shift of nightwork per week, which may be remote, and the rest of the work will be performed in Fairfax, VA.
This award-winning employer is in heavy growth mode, and needs YOU to join their ranks! Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have lived in the United States for the last 3 years and be able to pass the client's background requirements. Responsibilities
- Application deployments, environment patching, and maintenance operations
- Design, deployment, and maintenance of AWS environment
- Work with security team to ensure all client security requirements have been met
- Assist product development teams to speed development times and deploy applications to all environments
- Execute the tools and processes to enable DevSecOps
- Support an end-to-end provisioning process, facilitating automation wherever possible
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
- Must have scripting experience (Bash, Shell, etc.)
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience navigating a Linux environment
- Familiar with Cron and basic Linux administration
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of AWS services including EC2, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route53, CloudWatch, KMS, S3 and Glacier
- Must be very comfortable navigating a Windows environment, including batch scripting and basic Windows server administration
- A strong desire to automate as much as possible using Python, Bash, PowerShell or something similar
- Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have lived in the United States for the last 3 years and be able to pass the client's background requirements
1. Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects, and a list of exciting clients.
2. Work-Life Balance - We work hard; we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
3. Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism, and trust.
4. We Care About You - We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field. Check out our Referral Program!
The Squires Group will pay you up to $3000 for every qualified professional that you refer and we place. If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, please send us your referral. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/2XEhbNi . The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. #Di