Tyler Technologies is looking for a Release/DevOps Engineer to join our Public Safety product development team. This is an exciting opportunity to engineer automated solutions that build and deploy mission-critical applications and services to our clients at a high velocity. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with a highly skilled and dedicated team to implement solutions as well as remediate client-reported issues.Responsibilities
- Work with application development teams to design deployment solutions in response to application and tooling needs
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of build systems, internal and external release management systems in addition to remediating client issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve deployment issues (level 4) for mission-critical applications.
- Communicate to business customers, technical teams, and leadership in a consistent manner making complex designs, issues, and solutions clear, simple, and understandable.
- Research emerging technologies to simplify the deployment, installation, and patching experience for clients.
Tools and Technologies
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to independently manage multiple efforts at once while maintaining professionalism under pressure.
- A passion to improve the customer experience and a track record of successful interactions with internal/external clients.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Working experience in object-oriented programming, PowerShell and C# preferred.
- Experience with current technologies, such as YAML, JSON.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Azure DevOps, and/or GitHub Actions.
- Experience in Deployment Automation and Orchestration in Jenkins and VS.
- Experience with Virtualization with VMWare or similar technology
- Knowledge of OS Platform (Windows) Security, IIS, Services, Cert Management and General Configuration.
- Working experience in Source Control systems TFS and Git.
- Knowledge of Collaboration and Prioritization using Confluence and Jira.
- Working experience in Agile SCRUM development methodology.
- Familiarity with Xcode and Android Studio a plus
- Exposure to Infrastructure and Configuration Management automation through Terraform a plus.
- Cloud (AWS, Azure) experience a plus.
- Experience supporting enterprise-class platform deployments.
- Experience creating Windows Installer (MSI) installation packages, knowledge of WiX toolset and DTF custom action authoring. Experience in other deployment technologies a plus.
- Exposure to building and deploying containers (Docker) and Orchestration (Kubernetes, Swarm) a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
0-5%Colorado Code of Regulations 7 CCR 1103-13 Disclosure
Salary will generally fall between $58,285 - $80,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Tyler is continually recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our recent awards and accolades across Tyler Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.