First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The Release Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of release and deployment processes to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of applications to the non-production and Production environments In addition, the Release Coordinator will maintain and update the release calendar, as well as schedule, manage, and open requests for deployments. This role also requires the Release Coordinator to take responsibility for creating and maintaining all release-related artifacts, including: Roll out plans; implementation checklists; maintenance / outage notices; and courtesy reminders. During the planning phases, the Release Coordinator will monitor and assist in resolving potential deployment conflicts and provide suggestions on mitigating future collisions. The Release Coordinator will be responsible for being the primary contact to our offshore staff for their assigned initiatives.
This position works under the guidance of the Release and Deployment Manager, to plan, oversee, and coordinate build- and release-related activities in support of the bank's enterprise applications. The Release Coordinator will need to work closely with implementation staff, such as: Development and Engineering teams; quality assurance; and Stakeholders to process build and release requests. It is also necessary for the Release Coordinator to work closely with Change Management to ensure all deployment activities are in alignment with change processes and policies. This role will require support for after-hours production activities and may include weekend work at least once per month.
Works closely with various business units, as well as technical implementation staff, to successfully plan and implement releases.
Helps to identify areas of improvement and recommends enhancements, advocates best practice, and/or suggests upgrades to new and existing tools.
Creates clear and concise release plans, notifications, and other relevant communications for target audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
Determines the readiness of a release by evaluating deliverables, the environment(s), and corresponding control points, ensuring all criteria have been met.
* Maintain and update release calendars.
* Create and maintain release plans, strategies, and checklists.
* Ensure releases are consistent with FRB Release, Change and Risk Management policies.
* Participate in weekly release planning meetings.
* Coordinate and monitor deployments during, and outside of, business hours.
* Assist with constructing and submitting communications to interested parties regarding deployments, outages, maintenance activities, and deadline reminders.
* Open service and change request for deployments.
* Update and manage deployment-intake requests.
* Provide assistance with identifying, tracking, and resolving deployment-related issues
* Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
* Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
* Responsibilities include the following:
* Adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.).
* Adhering to Bank policies and procedures.
* Completing required training.
* Identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer.
* Knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Participate in transitioning to automated deployments
Oversee / manage automation pipelines and perform automated deployments
* 3-5 years Release Coordination or Management experience.
* Strong understanding of Agile, Waterfall, and hybrid SDLC methodologies.
* Basic understanding of ITIL and ISO standards.
* Experience with Service-Now, Remedy, or similar tools.
* Experience with TFS, GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible and/or Artifactory preferred
* Must be able to manage multiple cross-platform initiatives concurrently.
* Willing to work evenings and weekends to support releases.
* Experience with Tibco and/or Appian platforms desired.
* Previous experience in Software Quality Assurance a plus.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, and outstanding organizational skills.
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation.
* Ability to work under pressure in high-stress situations with a calm demeanor.
* Team player.
* Provides extraordinary service.
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.