ALTEK Information Technology, Inc. is currently recruiting for:
Release Engineer- DevOps
Location: Linthicum, MD Duration: Perm
Coordinates and performs software releases that follow best practice ITSM release management processes that meet audit standards
1. Support of any release scheduling related activities as identified by the development and business teams
2. Ensures all change coordinators understand and follow established release management processes to include release artifact compliance, lead-time adherence, and approval timelines are met
3. Drive automation of deployments with development teams
4. Execute deployment plans to deploy software changes at times that minimize the organization impacts across a wide variety of platforms and technologies (windows, Linux, Mainframe)
5. Responsible for ensuring change coordinators understand and acquire required approvals prior to release
6. Validate that all audit steps have been completed for release candidates prior to release approval
7. Update and maintain a Release management Dashboard reflecting the release schedules, up to date code versions, and success rates
8. Provide quarterly and annual release management statistics for success and process compliance
9. Standard Procedures: Assists with and help maintains the Release Management process documentation
10 .Facilitate change record creation ensuring required data is properly entered into Service Now change records
11. Maintains proper audit related documents and responds to all audit requests for release management
12. Provides onboarding release management training to all department change coordinators
13. Assists change coordinators with change record processing, completing deployment plans, attending change review & approval board meetings, and problem resolution for roadblocks impeding the release management process. Coordination with service delivery release timelines
14. Enforce change management lead times. Ensure release teams understand blackout windows/exception approval requirements
15. Preview all changes prior to forwarding to Change Management for approval
16. Work with development PMs and IT management ensuring concerns are addressed
17. Ensures change records are approved on time
18. Responsible for building strong professional relationships with department project managers to build a positive partnership ensuring release management policies are adhered to.
•Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent combination or experience and education
Experience & Background:
•The candidate must have 5 years of experience in DevOps or software release management and deployments
•Must be proficient with manual and automated deployment tools and methods
•Proficiency in scripting and configuration of automated deployment package creation is a must
•Proficient at executing windows and Linux commands necessary for deployments, mainframe experience a plus
•Is able to take directives and deliver solutions without the need for constant oversight
•The candidate should be process oriented and methodic by nature
•Extensive oral and written communication skills
•Project organization, coordination and technical writing skills are required
•Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Associates of the organization
•Ability to present project status, risks and project timelines with dependencies
•Add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute rates, rations and percentages
•Ability to identify, research and resolve technical problems
•Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
•Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions independently; delegate/escalate issues appropriately
•Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information is available.
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavior Characteristics:
•Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results.
•Ability to multi-task for a variety of projects/initiatives, including executing and delivering results in a timely manner.
•Must be very organized and detail oriented.
•Analytical thinker with desire to be continually challenged.
•Must be a team player with a positive "Whatever it Takes” attitude.
•Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
•Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
***For immediate consideration PLEASE send all resumes to the recruiter listed below with (19-00121) in the subject line of your email.
Recruiter: Dileta Sapokaite
241 East 4th St, # 205 Frederick, MD, 21701