Are you looking to make significant strategic contributions and receiving the rewards and recognition that you deserve? CBTS is a recognized leader in global IT professional services that delivers the best talent, drives innovations, yields tangible savings and builds sustainable value.
The Build Release Engineer assists the Dev Ops team in promoting the efficient management of digital assets to ensure their integrity for all of our application development. Under the supervision of the project’s lead programmer and producer, the Build-Release Engineer manages build processes; file storage and software configuration tools. He/she creates and maintains tools/scripts/applications that automate process and improve development team efficiency.
- •Establish and maintain a robust and reliable automated build and continuous integration process for the management of digital assets
- •Manage the build release process and secure data for staged milestone access
- •Monitor build systems and server farm; maintaining 24/7 support while providing resolution of issues
- •Assist team members in build deployment - receiving and running builds and troubleshooting issues to improve efficiency
- •Create, maintain and follow up on file storage rules
- •Manage software configuration tools
- •Develop and maintain documentation of the build/release process
- •Establish script files to automate process and improve efficiency in build management
- •Manage file storage, and transfer and create file archives for reuse by other projects
- •Review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process
- •Research, development and automation of console tools and processes
- •Assist with database (JIRA, Perforce and project databases) management and facilitate development team with training on applicable databases
- •Perform regular cooperative work with multisite/offsite partners, including implementation of shared systems
- •Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent technical experience Preferred (Not a requirement)
- •Excellent communication skills with willingness to interface with and assist all levels of the development team
- •Experience with automated build systems, automated deployment systems, or automated testing systems. Jenkins experience is preferred
- •1+ year’s experience in a technical capacity within a software development atmosphere
- •Experience with source control software. Perforce is preferred.
- •Eye for automation; ability to see opportunities for turning manual tasks into automated ones.
- •Experience with scripting languages such as batch, Perl, Python and PowerShell (Python preferred)
- •Skill to write and maintain batch files and scripts to automate process
- •File management experience including the ability to work with and maintain large volumes of files, convert file types, and arrange file storage to maximize efficiency of file usage
- •Experience with Django preferred
Operating Systems: UNIX, LINUX and MS Server
Server Provisioning:Chef, Ansible
Languages: Automation of scripting using BASH/Shell and PowerShell scripting, Java
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
CI Tools: Jenkins, Team City
Source Control: Candidates should have experience with multiple (Sub Version (SVN), TFS, Git Bash, GitHub, GitLAb, Git GUI) Jenkins & TFS Preferred
Applications: Maven, Docker, Nexus, IntelliJ, GitHub, Visual Studio
Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws