SAIC is looking for a Release Train Engineer (RTE); this position is a contingent position in Washington DC. The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE's major responsibility is to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value and communicates with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background in information technology management.
The RTE position requires a solid comprehension of Lean Agile frameworks, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe™), and Agile metrics. Candidates should possess a thorough understanding of Agile and product development methodologies. Requires strong experience in project organization, time management, budgeting, and scheduling.
The Release Train Engineer is responsible for:
- Managing and optimizing the flow of value through the ART and Solution Train using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans and other information radiators
- Facilitating PI planning readiness by fostering a continuous exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
- Coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Helping manage risks and dependencies
- Escalating and tracking impediments
- Providing input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encouraging collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Working with the Agile Program Management Office (APMO) on program execution and operational excellence
- Facilitating system demos and solution demos
- Driving relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assessing the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and helping them improve
- Managing and supervising personnel involved in release management and scheduling activities, organizing and assigning responsibilities to subordinates, and overseeing the successful completion of all assigned tasks
Bachelors in System Design and Development and ten (10) years or more experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in Lean, Agile, or DevOps
- Must have SAFe certification
- Must have experience in organizing, directing, and managing activities related to building and maintaining software releases for their promotion to the production environment
- Must possess a strong technical background in information technology management, and strong knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Must have experience with automated configuration management/code management systems
- Must have strong program and project management skills, and excellent presentation and communication skills
- Must be able to obtain Secret clearance
- Must be US Citizen
- Prior experience with DHS or TSA is preferred
My SAIC Benefits.