Description Job Description:
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We're focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn't be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Release Train Engineer (RTE) to provide mission critical system support to our customer. This role requires an experienced Agile Release Train Engineer to serve as leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes that assist the team in delivering value. The RTE also serves as a project engineer/project manager over the ART and focus on ensuring the ART's Feature commitments are met. This includes working with the teams to determine if teams will complete the Features, understand why something might not complete and help mitigate issues preventing Features from completing. Finally, this role facilitates horizontal and vertical communication across teams to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress while working mitigation plans as neededPrimary Responsibilities:
- Coaching teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Project/Program Leaders in agile practices
- Facilitating team agile events: Sprint Planning, Retro, Planning, etc
- Tracking and resolving impediments / blockers that are brought up by the scrum masters.
- Managing and mitigating risk and d opportunities associated with effective develop and execution, to include de-conflicting and prioritizing tasks.
- Assisting in coordination with external segments as needed
- Facilitating System Demos
- Driving improvement in Release Train
- Assisting with tracking execution of features
- Working with Product Management to ensure development strategy and product execution align
- Encouraging collaboration between teams
- Facilitating progress toward team goals
- Promoting and facilitating continuous team improvement (technical, interpersonal)
- Ensuring scrum practices are followed (Time Logging, Comments, WIP limits)
- Regular and consistent communication and coordination with and between stakeholders and teams.
- Collaborating with Product Stakeholders to meet mission goals.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of product, process and the team
- Expert experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Must have significant experience working within SAFe and Agile frameworks specifically as a Release Train Engineer, Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Expert experience leading teams through the delivery of capabilities (software development or infrastructure modernization) using agile methodologies
- In-depth interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
- Candidate must have BS and 17+ years of relevant experience OR MS degree with and 15+ years of prior relevant experience OR Doctorate with 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- SAFe Agilist Certification
- Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification
- Project Management Skills
- Jira collaboration tools experience
- Candidate must be .
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Eligible for External Referrals
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.