- 2 years in an IT execution role (Scrum Master, Project Manager, Release Train Engineer)
Preferred Qualifications ?
- 2 years of experience in project/program management
- 2 years of experience in a delivery support role (Release Manager, Scrum Master, etc.)
- 3 years of experience with the software development life cycle
- 3 years of experience using work item tracking tools (Team Foundation Server, Jira, etc.)
- Bachelor?s degree in a computer science, information technology, or business or equivalent experience
- CSM, SAFe SM, SAFe RTE, CSPO, and/or SAFe PO/PM certification
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word and Visio)
- Base-level knowledge of a work tracking tool, such as TFS or Jira (or similar work tracking tools)
The Release Train Engineer supports an Agile release train in the intake, prioritization, planning, execution and tracking of work. This includes working with technology leadership to determine team capacity and allocation, creating and maintaining team and release train delivery performance metrics, working with product development roles to establish a clear release train priority, and driving consistency and relentless improvement across the train?s teams.
- Support a high-complexity Agile release train in the intake and prioritization process for technology work requests for the supported group of Technology teams
- Provide visibility into the status of work requests and capacity for the supported Technology teams
- Provide regular delivery performance metrics to Technology leadership and supported Technology teams
- Help teams and the train escalate/remove impediments
- Collect feedback and work with the teams and train to review, analyze and improve delivery practices
- Lead the preparation leading up to release planning, execute release planning and manage the release calendar of events
- Facilitate a Scrum of Scrums and other key ceremonies
- Work with Product Development team members to ensure a high quality of features and sound estimation
- Provide Agile coaching on a train to help resolve process issues within teams or for the overall train
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based?professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our?expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology?and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership?and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question???it?s part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.