We Don't Just BuildTheWorld, We Build InnovativePower ToolsToo.
Come BuildTheWorld With Us
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Comebuild with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We're the World's largesttool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems anddevelop world class power tools. We are committed to providesafe, reliable and best in class productto our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas tolife.You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always.You're a highly motivated, hands-on person that takes ownership for achieving assigned tasksand drivesreliability discipline across all functionsofthe business.You also have:
- Bachelor's degree inEEEngineering
- Minimum of5years technical experience in reliability/quality discipline in a new product development environment with electro-mechanical devices.
- Trained in the use of Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Master's degree in Reliability Engineering,Qualityor EEa plus.
- Experience in power and control electronics a plus.
- Experience in brushed and brushless motors a plus.
- Software QA Assurance Experience aplus
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) a plus.
- Familiarity with the application of European, IEC and North American standardsa plus.
- Weibull Analysis Software Knowledge a plus.Reliasoft++ desirable.
- Data analytics skills desirable.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) desirable.
What You'll Do
As a ReliabilityEngineer, you'll be part of our Global Tools & Storage team located inTowson,MD.You will plan and executereliability, quality and test engineering elements per the Milestone process for assigned New Product development projects across various cordless & corded portfolios.These tasks include warranty failure analysis, reliability modeling & prediction, life data analysis, test qualification program development, quality assurance planning, statistical studies, design of experiments and failure mode & effects analysis. Specifically, you'll:
Lead & Drive the engineering development teams against committed Reliability/Quality Performance Customer Critical-To-Quality (CTQ) metrics to ensure a successful product launch against committedwarranty and product life specifications.
Develop test plans to qualify assigned Productivity/Warranty Projects in terms of REA Support working with resident/ productivity teams to ensure on-going product quality of mature products.
Maintain appropriate project & milestone documentation such as test plans, test status reports, FRACAS and drive DFMEA's early in the design phase to optimize design & mitigate risk during the development process.
Correctly applythe reliability/quality science to assure new product quality goals are achieved irrespective of schedule pressures & cost.
Lead safety reviews during the milestone process to ensure product meets safety and compliance requirements.
Work with external Approval agencies (KEMA, TUV, UL, CSA,etc) to obtain orderly and accurate product approvals
Represent the Voice for the Customer in all quality related product development activities and respond to market complaints from customers or trading standards.
Work effectively with minimal supervision and maintain good working relationship with internal and external teams & customers.
Demonstrate successful performance with attention to detail while managing multiple projects.
Benefits & Perks
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.