Job Title – Reliability Engineer
Job Location – Andover MA
Length – Contract (5 Months – Extendible)
Client - A multinational corporation providing lighting, consumer lifestyle, and healthcare products with sales over €24 billion in 2012. Client is the Net Promoter Score leader in ultrasound worldwide, and the leading ultrasound vendor in North America.
The reliability engineer position will be part of the Client’s Andover Standards and Reliability Center (ASRC) and report to the senior engineering manager of reliability. The position will focus on reliability engineering activities.
Your Responsibilities: This is a critical role within the ASRC Group at Client's in Andover, MA. This is an opportunity to be part of a well-seasoned winning team that performs reliability testing for all medical product lines within company.
The ASRC team plays a very important role in ensuring products designed by Philips are of the highest quality and meet all applicable international standards. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
• Review customer reliability or V&V test plans to ensure appropriate testing and pass/fail criteria. Generate and execute ASRC reliability test plan according to customer test plan, and write up test reports within the planned time frame.
• Provide support and direction in determining test regiments that produce high quality reliable products.
• Work with the team ensure test area's equipment is calibrated and operates as intended: before, during, and after all tests are completed.
• Develop and create new and innovative tests that are able to fully test products as they would be used in the field.
• Support the definition, documentation, implementation and improvement of reliability engineering policies, processes and practices.
• Provide reliability engineering services to all Philips internal customers including: reliability analysis, reliability testing and test planning, and reliability related problem solving.
• Effectively communicate with team members as well as internal customers
• Provide technical knowledge in reliability tool and methodologies.
• Support the quality vision of Reliability Engineering to all Philips internal customers and team members.
• Support and coordinate efforts to establish product reliability goals and to plan, execute, and monitor activities aimed at achieving those goals.
• BSME/MSME, BSEE/MSEE with 5-10 years (or equivalent engineering degrees) experience in product reliability of complex electrical/mechanical products, preferably in the medical industry
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, interact and influence effectively at technical levels across functions.
• Demonstrated success in leading change for product quality and reliability.
• Highly passionate and positive infectious attitude who strives for high performance and product quality.
• Demonstrated competence in product reliability tools, statistical sampling, and methodologies is preferred.
• Experience with Class III medical devices preferred.
• Ability to effectively implement continual improvement to increase efficiency and promote simplification while maintaining project schedules.
• 17025 auditor/ experience highly desirable
• Proficient in standard office computer tools: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
• Excellent English skills, written and speaking
APN Software Service INC