Princeton, NJ Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Reliability Engineer on a permanent basis in their Glen Mills, PA location. Permanent salary for this role is around $120,000 with potential to flex for the right candidate. Most critical skills are Powershell scripting and experience with Azure Devops, although AWS Devops can work as well. This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Administer daily operations of servers including log review with escalation, patch & upgrade applications, manage backup & restoration implementation and testing.
- Install and manage windows servers and .NET applications running on windows servers.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews to provide recommended improvements to the development teams to improve the reliability and performance of applications
- Employee will participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation schedule providing third-level incident response with other Information Technology team members.
- Minimize manual involvement by imagining & implementing continuous improvements that create an operating environment, including the development of new tools, dynamically monitoring, alerting, & automated self-healing & recovery
- Identify and/or analyze problems relating to mission critical services and implement automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Capable of presenting analyses and recommendations to leadership or discussing the technical merits of solutions with engineers and architects.
- Own the day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, and reliability of services and server infrastructure
- Practice Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Strong experience with software engineering
- Experience managing Windows operating system
- Strong experience and working knowledge of .NET applications
- Strong experience with VSTS, or similar ALM tool
- Working knowledge of Azure Services, especially ARM templates
- Strong experience with PowerShell
- Strong working knowledge of system and network architecture
- Understanding of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Build and release management experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Use of DevOps tools to deliver and operate end-user services a plus (e.g., Chef, New Relic, Puppet, etc.)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform.
- Good experience with APM, Network monitoring and load balancer tools
- Experience and knowledge of database technologies, particularly MS SQL
- Knowledge of virtualization and its benefits for improving reliability
- Strong experience with instrumentation, monitoring, alerting, and responding relative to performance and availability of applications
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and application, specifically in designing, coding, operating, and supporting high-performance, highly available services and infrastructure
- Experience in designing for failure, including disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Experience operating and supporting mission-critical applications (e.g. incident and outage management)
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments
- Knows what is possible using latest networking, infrastructure, database, and application technologies to driving automation and reliability improvements
- Excellent at building relationships across teams
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership
- Desire to understand our businesses and users
- Proficient in ITIL concepts
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com