Remedy Developer - INF001601
The Remedy Developer is tasked developing and supporting sophisticated components within an application. This involves planning, analysis, detailed design, developing/coding, testing and implementation of the components. This role is responsible for the development of web-based applications using J2EE, BMC Remedy, and Application Servers. Essential Functions
- Assists with sophisticated work requests the Technical Specialist convert user requirements into technical specifications.
- Contributes to quality reviews and verifies traceability of the application design changes to the requirements.
- Partners with developers from other USCC functional disciplines and those from vendor partners.
- Analyzes and crafts improvements and fixes for application code or packaged extension, as well as required fixes to production problems and new work requests.
- Designs and codes improvements and fixes in accordance with functional and technical programming standards and standard methodologies.
- Finishes the appropriate technical and support documentation required to maintain the application.
- Serves as on-call support (including after-hours), to ensure high availability for the Remedy production platform.
- Determines time estimates and schedule for work within the designated area of responsibility.
- Identifies and communicates potential risks and roadblocks to various partners in a timely manner.
- Follows change control procedures and documentation procedures.
- Plans and executes unit and integration testing of improvements and fixes.
- Participates with Senior or Lead Developer on planning, analysis, and design activities and communicates this direction to peers.
- Demonstrates fundamental business discernment and ability to relate back to Remedy.
- Instructs on industry trends for Remedy, IT Service Management tools, and business.
- Performs continuous improvement tasks through the use of quality improvement methodologies.
- Provides input and recommendation into the Remedy strategy and roadmap.
- Provides input into the selection, proof of concept, and testing of new IT Service Management tools.
- Takes ownership for delivery of the technology solution.
- Bachelor's degree or specialized training (certifications) or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 3+ years professional experience working with BMC Remedy Suite of Applications.
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrates ability to handle small efforts in application lifecycle development
- Strong ITSM Knowledge
- BMC Remedy Experience with version 18.05 and higher.
- Experience working with Database and Application Server Infrastructure.
- Experience with Performance tuning of queries and applications to increase server response times
- Experience coaching and mentoring other peers.
- Use of ITIL and other standard methodologies to assist business with process improvements.
- Technical Experience
- Linux scripting experience
- Web services
- Crystal Reports, SMART Reporting - Yellowfin, BMC analytics
: Information Technology Location(s)
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.