Software Quality Engineers (QEs) Data Platform, ETL, SQL/NonSQL
Remote 100% - We are unable to work c2c on this.
Candidates need to be strong at the application layer or strong at the data layer. Data Verification.
Our direct software client is looking for 2 Software Quality Engineers (QEs). They are in Oakland, and this will go long term. They are stable, growing and doing some new technologies.
The ideal candidate will :
- Develop automated and manual (SQL and non-SQL) test scripts to test ETL loads, data aggregations, data conversions, data extracts and the data warehouse
- Identify test data requirements and create test data as needed
- Execute tests, document and publish test results
- Communicate issues to the team and assist in root cause analysis
- Provide a critical role in a highly-agile Scrum environment working against light requirements
- Must be comfortable working in time-sensitive, mission-critical situations
- Work with Data Scientists and BI developers to define testing needs
- Support Data Scientist to write scripts which incorporate a testing framework
- Bachelor s Degree in STEM with 5+ years experience
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills
- 5+ years of experience writing complex SQL, stored procedures and scripts to support test activities
- 5+ years of database centric test experience with at least 2 years of testing non-SQL type of databases.
- 2+ years of experience executing as part of a Scrum team
- 2+ years of experience with a script language
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse dimensional modeling concepts
Experience with some or all of the following is highly desirable:
- Experience in Java, Python
- Experience with MS SQL Server and MongoDB
- Experience in an environment that uses ETL tools such as Informatica, Data Stage.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools such as Jenkins.
We can hire asap, please send a resume to Patrick.lowney at techworkers.com