Those authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor currently.
Position: Data Scientist - Multiple Positions (Mid level to Senior)
Location: Atlanta, GA 30333 - REMOTE
Duration: 9 Months of contract with possibility of extension
The Data Scientist will contribute to various data science projects working within a cross-functional team. The candidate would analyse various datasets (both unstructured and structured) to determine data relationships, model datasets for loading/storing in relational databases, create new data pipelines and ETL processes, and create R Shiny dashboards and R Markdown documents working closely with the team staff. This position requires an entrepreneurial mindset working closely with stakeholders to elicit and understand solution requirements. The developed solutions would meet compliance requirements.
The specific tasks handled can vary between engagements but typically include building data pipelines to pull together information from different source systems; integrating, consolidating and cleansing data; and structuring it for use in individual analytics applications for center and agency specific needs.
- Designs and develops complex enterprise level applications and other system software using a strong working knowledge of data transformation and Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes.
- Liaises with technical support teams to resolve data ingestion and quality issues to ensure quality data Work in a collaborative environment and attend Agile Scrum development meetings to support the Client team.
- Data wrangling, typically in R, Python, or SAS (or similar technologies) to prepare data stored in our data lake or in SQL Server databases for visualization in Power BI.
- Supports development of ETL scripts in both SQL Server and R.
- Provide production support and ticket resolution to data centric applications
- Follows Client standards in creating the project life cycle application structures, application quality assurance,
- Performs data modeling, data design, and metadata and repository creation.
- Reviews object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Ensures adherence to legal and agency regulations on data usage and management
- Bachelor s degree with 5 years of experience in working on Data Science projects. 2-4 years of experience in R development.
- 1-2 years of experience in data visualization, including Microsoft Power BI, R Shiny development and R Markdown reports.
- Significant experience with SQL and connecting to SQL on-premise as well as Azure Synapse cloud databases.
- Data wrangling experience with R, Python, and/or SAS. Hands on experience in SQL Server Database / SQL Server Management Studio.
- Experience with source control software such as GitHub.
- Works well as an individual contributor as well as in a cross-functional team applying Agile Scrum development processes.
- Willingness and personal drive to learn new skills quickly to meet customer requirements. Experience building data visualizations in Microsoft Power BI.
- Familiarity with the Agile Development methodologies and SCRUM.
- Ability to offer creative technical solutions to data and analysis problems and ability to clearly articulate designed solutions to fellow data scientists and customers.
Graduate degree in Data Science, Statistics, Information Technology, Public Health or other relevant disciplines Experience working at federal agencies Knowledge of GitHub Knowledge, familiarity with Public Health, Medical Data, HL 7, and/or Electronic Health Record Experience in applying AI/ML in data management Experience working with private or hybrid cloud based data lake Experience with other relational and/or no SQL databases Working knowledge of Power BI. Thanks & Regards,Amaer Ahmed Khan Sr. Technical Recruiter
12901 Worldgate Drive - Suite 510s
Herndon, Virginia 20170|
703.454.0350 Direct | email@example.com |