We are looking for IT Software Architects who can work collaboratively within IT Delivery and across Business Operational areas to help design and deliver pragmatic solutions based on business value and IT technology direction. This role provides technical leadership to agile teams and is also expected to pull work from the product backlog periodically.
- Understands and demonstrates current job family technical skill expectations.
- Engages with Agile teams to deliver high quality, working software solutions in alignment with team commitments.
- Leads and facilitates application design, implementation of architectural patterns, and consistent development practices on projects and within product teams.
- Understands the business domain of products supported.
- Ensures technology solution architecture and design principles are aligned with IT Delivery technology direction.
- Knowledgeable of all existing services, components and technologies to ensure maximum technology reuse.
- Independently identifies and pursues opportunities to improve solution architecture across the enterprise.
- Explores and pursues technical skills outside of current job family.
- Actively seeks to remain technically current and increase expertise and abilities.
- Understands and exhibits skills to protect data, systems and networks and maintains secure, reliable, redundant, and accessible systems.
- Strives to align personal passion and career desires with opportunities and company needs.
- Works in concert with Solution Architects to drive technology solution architecture.
EDUCATION: - BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in software development with a strong expertise in at least one key competency.
- 2 to 3 years of experience as a technical or development leader with a demonstrated ability to deliver medium to large scale technology solutions.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Strong technical competency in the following:
- Microsoft .net frameworks C# and ASP .net
- Microsoft IIS - Restful Web Services
- Service Based Architecture - Message Based Processing
- SQL Server and/or other relational databases
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Full Stack Development Experience
- Secure Development Practices
- Collaboration tools including JIRA, Confluence and/or Microsoft Teams
- Understanding of best practices, standards and methods to integrate applications within the organization and with external partners.
- In-depth knowledge of the full software development lifecycle; with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill; with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
- Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions.
- Self-directed with the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead team members on an application solution.
- Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance, ISSO2 strongly desired.
- Demonstrated effective performance in a team-oriented environment.