Ferguson Enterprises is looking for an expereince API Developer to join the API Platform team in the Information Technology Department.
• Implements API management solutions using Apigee to include API proxies, security and analytics
• Collaborates with Business Analysts and stakeholders to evaluate and understand business concepts and processes
• Ensures documentation is created and remains updated for Apigee-related work
• Helps troubleshoot and resolve production issues related to the Apigee platform
• Collaborates with Technical Architects
• Participates in coordinated planning sessions, provides effort estimates and timeline commitments
• Refines and grooms the product backlog and user stories
• Works with a cross-functional team to build new features and functionalities into the Drupal-based Developer Portal, with a focus on improving the integration experience for API consumers
• Performs in Agile/SCRUM development cycle to deliver solutions that help drive digital commerce
• Writes Open API spec and smart docs for on-boarding APIs to developer portal
• Works with other developers to ensure teams are meeting the objectives of the business while adhering to established technical and architectural standards and practices
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
•1-3 years of relevant IT industry work experience.
• Advanced skills implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST) using any of the market leading API Management tools such as Apigee
• Strong organizational and communication skills both written and verbal.
• Solid knowledge of backend server components, APIs, and performance optimization
• Significant understanding of Microservice patterns & concepts & its application in problem solving
• Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies.
• Adept at mapping customer requirements to a solution approach.
• Technical knowledge in a PaaS, SaaS and IaaS environment.
• Hands-on experience working with JSON, REST, SOAP, OAuth, and Swagger.
Desired Skills (Nice to have):
• Excellent comprehension of API Management concepts and experience using API Management solutions namely Google Apigee, CA Layer 7, IBM API Connect, Akana, Tibco Mashery, or Mulesoft
• Broad understanding of mobile, cloud, on premise, and hybrid solutions as well as containers and deployment platforms (Azure, AWS, Openshift, etc).
• Experience working with Drupal, Wordpress, Magento, etc.
• Experience with networking protocols and technology: TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, DNS, WAN, LAN, VPN, LDAP, Internet, Intranet, Extranet
• Proficiency with PowerShell, Bash, SQL.
• Managed File Transfer (MFT) and/or B2B using products like Manhattan Associates DOM, IBM Sterling File Gateway, etc.
• Background and experience with containerization, orchestration engines, and application definition tools - such as Docker, Kubernetes, and HELM
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.