Kforce has a client, a growing company is looking for a Remote AWS Information Security Analyst is responsible for coordinating tactical and strategic projects across various shifts within the Information Security Operations Center and the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) teams. We are working directly with the Hiring Manager.
* Participates in Information Security planning and engineering for the company by evaluating new technology for the organization through quantitative and qualitative methods; This includes providing highly skilled technical assistance in complex information security planning, engineering and architecture for the organization
* Performs complex security analysis and design, project planning, control, and implementation, as guided by the Information Security management team
* Ensures all appropriate parties are informed of plans, progress, and status
* May manage a project team from a technical perspective
* Develops detailed reports and metrics based on in-depth analysis and presents to the Information Security team on a periodic basis
* Participates in Information Security incident response and is responsible for root cause analysis and reporting
* Provides detailed recommendations for future risk mitigation
* Develops and maintains detailed procedural documents and user guides for Information Security technology utilized by the Information Security teams
* Trains Information Security analysts on deployed technologies such as anti-virus, intrusion prevention, data leakage prevention, syslog, vulnerability scanning, web gateways, firewalls, etc.
* Leverages the Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) console to perform monitoring and correlation of security events
* Creates rules for tuning out noise while increasing alerting for suspicious activity
* Provides guidance and input into the threat intelligence, security awareness and vulnerability management program
* BS degree in security, information technology or similar degree is desired or equivalent work experience
* AWS experience required
* Experience working in a virtual environment
* Needs someone who can hit the ground running
* Solid experience in security analysis and design, project planning, control, and implementation,
* Needs to understand threat detection and threat hunting inside and out
* Experience with threat intelligence, security awareness and vulnerability management is desired
* Must be a go getter
* Ability to work 100% remote
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.