Kforce's client, a growing Technology Company in New York City, NY is seeking a Remote Senior Information Security Engineer with DoD experience. We are working directly with Hiring Manager. This position is 100% Remote.
The Senior Information Security Engineer will help the company achieve security authorizations (ATTs/ATOs) and accreditations for our products and company IT infrastructure. This highly visible position provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to expanding the company's customer base of government agencies with high-security requirements. The Senior InfoSec Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the security of our IT infrastructure/products and helping us to achieve various information security compliance certifications. In this position, you will have company-wide oversight of security and will work with teams (and consultants) to ensure security best practices are maintained across the organization.
In this role you will:
* Drive information security compliance initiatives and ensure implementation
* Have oversight of our IT consultants, ensuring that our IT infrastructure is maintained according to security best practices
* Be the subject matter expert for information security
* Senior Information Security Engineer will create and maintain Authorization and Accreditation packages to include System Security Plans, Authorization Boundary Diagrams, Information Security Threat modeling and other required deliverables
* Field complex compliance questions from stakeholders throughout the company
* Play a key role in producing, updating, maintaining, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies. Enforcement includes direct oversight of IT consultants and testing of critical cybersecurity controls
* Planning and execution of cybersecurity practices
* BS degree in Information Technology, Information Security, or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* At least 5-8+ years of Information Security Experience
* Experience with design, implementation, compliance, and testing of cybersecurity controls
* DOD information security compliance experience
* Familiarity with cloud security services, concepts, and best practices
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
* Experience managing IT documentation processes
* IT project management experience
* Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
* Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvement
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.