In order to further cultivate our engineering culture, we are assembling a team of expert engineers to transform the way we creates software. As a member of this team, you will partner with engineering teams across the company and help them improve their approach to developing and testing software. This is a challenging role, but it presents a unique opportunity to be an agent of cultural and technical change, and to have an impact on the entire development community.
About our team:
We are a team of multi-skilled software engineers who are passionate about all aspects of the software engineering and testing. We are particularly fond of the "Shift Left" disciplines and practices, such as unit, component and integration testing. One of our main goals is bringing these capabilities to all of the engineering teams.
About the role:
Within the first month - Begin learning our tools, frameworks and processes that we are using to assess engineering team's capabilities and the quality of their code base. Also, become familiar with development environments and ecosystems.
Within two months - Full integration into the project where you are supporting various engineering teams in successfully adopting "Shift Left" methodologies. Engage with other engineers and stakeholders to identify coaching and mentoring opportunities
Within three months - Become a driving force in all aspects of the assigned project and contribute to the overall goals of our organization. Take ownership of the engagement process with engineering teams and work with other senior staff to deliver effective coaching and mentoring.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Track record of developing applications with ReactJS using class based and functional components.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring software engineers.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision. We value autonomy here and want you to be the type that thrives in that environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build partnerships across the company
Education / Professional Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years professional development experience in ReactJS.
- Experience with Redux, Context or similar for state management
- Working knowledge of Express or similar server.
- Working knowledge of Jest, Enzyme or React-Testing-Library
- Experience with Github or Gitlab for source code management.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org