Remote Migration Engineer
GDH is hiring a Migration Engineer for one of our clients in the AeroSpace industry. Our client is looking for individuals with AWS and Azure migration experience. This is 100% remote. We are looking for individuals to start working by May.
- Subject Matter Expert responsible for the overall delivery of one or more engineering work products
- Responsible for client/account interactions as required
- Responsible to make sure that the project deliverable is completed accurately and on time
- Responsible for escalating the issues, problems, risks, and constraints to the appropriate parties for clarification and resolution
- Responsible for communication with the Lead Engineer and account/client.
- Responsible for the engineering of end to end solutions as required
- Responsible for keeping abreast of new/emerging technology "
- Secondary function is to provide technical vision for HP Enterprise Services - ITO, e.g. Product & Market Analysis, Lab demonstrations, etc.
- Evaluate current state, determine future state and design/document the architecture and integration points for each system/technology incorporated into the future-state solution in-line with HP Enterprise Services ITO methodology and in-compliance with HPE business and quality management processes and procedures
- Collaborate with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for projects
- Oversee and provide governance to Technical Engineering team(s) during the technical execution of the project
- Validate engineering designs, data quality, process flows to implement, assist with test planning
- Assess business impact of specific technologies/strategies and provide feedback for process improvements
- Capture and share architectural IP at the project and program level for reuse where applicable
- Identify potential improvements in HP Enterprise Services, ITO service offerings and processes and provide feedback to the appropriate teams/leaders
- Promote HPE products, services, and HP Enterprise Services portfolio offerings within solutions
- Provide value and leadership to account teams in achieving service excellence
- Promote a culture of service delivery excellence
Education and Experience Required
- 8+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information systems; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (15+ years in total).
- Design Server Migration Solutions for Windows, Red Hat Linux and SUSE Linux using migration tools like Platesping or DoubleTake.
- Technical Skills (8+ yrs experience in at least 5 of the following technical areas):
- Ability to interact with clients and co-suppliers in clear and concise language. Ability to listen to and respond to the client's needs.
- Ability to logically approach a problem from definition through resolution. Ability to define a root cause analysis of an issue and explain causals, contributors and resolutions to clients and other team members
- Ability to author clear/concise documentation with multiple audiences and skill levels in mind, such as clients/end users, collaborative engineers, deployment and operations.
- Ability to Design, install and configure VMware Environment
- Ability to Design, install, configure, optimize, and document complex Windows 2003 or 2008/20012 environments.
- Expertise in Red Hat/SUSE Linux
- Migration tool experience (Platespin, DoubleTake or Racemi Dynacenter)
- C7000 Blade technology
- VMWare 5.x
- Virtual Connect
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience engineering and supporting enterprise server solutions
- Scripting experience
- Familiar with Linux or Windows troubleshooting
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert MCSE or equivalent
- VMware Certified Professional 6 Data Center Virtualization
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran's status or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.