Founded in 1984, our client is a global consulting, design and construction services firm that relentlessly pursues and delivers success for their clients in advanced technology industries. Starting as a single three-person office, they have grown to a team of more than 1,000 in a network of offices serving clients throughout the world. They are seeking a Sr. Data Analyst (MS) and below you ll find the details. This is a full-time 100% remote position that will require negligible travel.
The Senior Data Analyst must be an energetic, self-motivated, pro-active, organized, and well-rounded individual that has an advanced understanding of Microsoft s data, reporting, and business intelligence tools to assist in delivering on our internal data and business intelligence initiatives.
This individual must possess the skills required to successfully execute project tasks, have a strong work ethic, and be a dynamic team player. S/he will be expected to execute work on one or more data or analytics projects simultaneously as delegated by the Information Director. Project work will include the planning and delivery of value-added ETL, Reporting, and analytical capabilities that will provide actionable information to the business.
- Bachelor s degree, preferred
- 5+ years experience designing Reports and Dashboards using reporting and/or analytical tools such as SSRS, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- 5+ years experience developing data models from OLTP, Data Warehouse, Data Mart, or Analysis Services solutions
- 3+ years experience with ETL processes importing data from disparate systems into a centralized Data Warehouse
- 2+ years experience using Power BI Desktop and the Power BI Service and/or advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Power Query and Power Pivot
- Experience with dimensional modeling, tabular models, and abstraction layer concepts
- Familiarity with Power BI Service administration, sharing and data gateways
- Experience working in a source control environment and following SDLC procedures
- Experience with development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong time-management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task
- Excellent verbal/written skills
- Experience with accounting terms and concepts preferred
- Experience with R language preferred
- Experience with Microsoft s Cortana Intelligence preferred
- Elicit data-related business requirements from stakeholders and develop associated technical specifications
- Develop new and manage existing models, KPI s, metrics, and Dashboards
- Develop new and manage existing ETL processes to support modeling, analytics and reporting requirements
- Develop and deliver secured, robust data models to business users
- Design machine learning solutions to support business-driven predictive analytic solutions
- Provide advice on the usage, interpretation and analytic value of business data
- Provide analytical assistance, and knowledge transfer to business users to aid their self-service analysis efforts
- Drive our analytics initiatives toward the use of predictive data models and associated technologies to answer business questions
- Coordinate with other disciplines and other internal and external team members (e.g. vendors, clients, and contractors)
- Participate in discipline-related internal and external project communication and coordination
- Set and execute professional development goals
- Travel as required for project development and execution
This is a full-time position
Our client offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed for individuals and families.