Contract-to-Hire - Technical Writer!!
The Technical Writer will work with a multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts, designers, developers, and project managers, among others.
This position's primary responsibilities include: (1) translating sometimes complicated scientific topics into multiple mediums for a lay audience (documents, videos, presentations, scripts. etc.); (2) copyediting technically dense materials; (3) preparing proposals for future funding and developing project content into submissions for journal articles; and (4) understanding a project's breadth of content in order to provide recommendations to leadership about gaps in project materials. Education Requirements:
Relevant post-Baccalaureate degree required; for candidates demonstrating comparable independent research productivity or comparable background in independent academic or instructional activities, will accept a relevant undergraduate degree and 5 or more years of relevant experience in substitution. E/SHRA Qualification and Experience Requirements:
Compensation and Expectations:
- Exceptional writing, grammar, punctuation, editing and proofreading skills. Writing and copyediting are primary responsibilities for this position.
- Must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must have technology acumen and a demonstrated ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to both lay and technical audiences about the functionality and technical specifications of a technical product (via email, web content and videos, presentations, and other written and visual materials).
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, meticulous record-keeping, and ability to manage shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, set priorities appropriately, and organize workload effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent customer or community engagement skills.
- $25-30 based on experience
- Conversion Salary with benefits possible down the road