The IT Telecom engineer works with telecommunications equipment and services to solve problems, assess situations and apply solutions including: Cisco UCCX call flow design and scripting, support of Cisco Finesse, contact center report creation and management, setup of contact center display boards, and installation of patches and system upgrades for Cisco Unified Communications products. Will be responsible for project management, cost estimation, & implementation planning. Coordinates vendor support and works with telco providers to order and support SIP trunks and other voice circuits. Provides support to Telecom Technicians and to business owners in maintaining the organization's phone service standards. Creates detailed, as-built documentation and support procedures. Telecom Engineer will also assist with the implementation of a dial plan for the organization.
A valid Illinois Driver's License is required Experience Desired:
- Three years of Telecommunications experience with strong engineering background.
- Must be a seasoned veteran in the Telecommunication field with good understanding of installation and repair of equipment.
- Must have experience with Cisco Unified Communications.
- Must possess a good understanding of Cisco Voice Gateways such as the VG Series Analog Routers.
- Knowledge of Cube routing and hardware is a plus.
- Must have good communication skills, be detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task, and be adaptable to change. Have excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as good decision-making/problem-solving skills.
- Maintain a strong customer focus.
- Have a good understanding of TCP/IP, networks, VOIP, QOS, wireless, and broadband.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry, telecom vendors and products, and service contracting.
- Software administration, report generation, telecom analysis and recommendations.
- Coordinates new software installations and changes to existing service.
- Designs and maintains telephone software.
- Manages Work Orders (Wos) as assigned and complete work by scheduled due dates.
- Recommends alternatives to system and facility design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Responsible for evaluation, analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of telecommunications products and systems.
- Determines appropriate methodology for installing telephone service.
- Determines appropriateness of equipment and circuit purchases, changes or modifications.
- Identifies problems and develops specific input and output procedures.
- Maintains telecommunications hardware, software and services inventory.
- Performs engineering design evaluations.
- Provides documentation by properly labeling wiring, blocks, panels and anything pertaining to telecommunications equipment.
- Provides reports, completes requests for new service.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com