Assists with gathering, documenting, communicating and reviewing requirements. Supports the collection and dissemination of product information. Understands customer's goals for the product and assists with defining functional and quality requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands characteristics of requirements. Supports obtaining stakeholder commitments to requirements to include identifying, involving, and documenting stakeholder involvement and decisions.
- Uses a requirements management system to document requirements, prioritizes and tracks history of changes. Executes queries and updates items in Requirement Management System.
- Updates requirements based on requirement refinement meetings and reviews.
- Ensures alignment between project work and requirements and updates entries on a bidirectional requirements traceability matrix. Supports the creation of acceptance criteria, participates in requirement reviews and review test cases.
- Elicits customer needs and captures them into requirements that meet project standards.
- Supports the establishment of product and product component requirements, allocating product component requirements and identifying interface requirements.
- Defines required functionality and quality attributes, contributes to the analysis and validation of requirements.
- Provides production support by checking system performance and responding to assigned user questions and queries.
- Documents bugs, issues, and risks that arise throughout the software development life cycle.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; Associate's Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- May be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a clearance.
- 0-2 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Utilizes problem-solving and decision-making skills on routine issues.
Under general supervision performs research and documents and communicates results.
Self-starter who is eager to learn and driven to succeed.
Willing to learn and bring new ideas to the team to improve and streamline the current processes.
Ability to work alone or part of a team dedicated to delivering quality results
Solid problem resolution and decision making.
High attention to detail.
Time management, strong reporting and data analysis skills are required.
Good written communications skills.
Ability to interpret requests for developers.
Knowledge of software development lifecycle (agile or waterfall).
Generalized knowledge of the organization's systems and capabilities.
ASM Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.