Research Associate II, Biology 1189669
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our exciting Cambridge based client is in need of a scientifically curious and collaborative researcher to join their ranks. This is an amazing opportunity to pick up a variety of new skills and to become part of an exciting new startup at the ground floor. Industry experience is highly desired, as well as a background ideally in immunology, immuno-oncology or oncology. Please apply if you are ready to advance your career with a team with cutting edge science!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Use state-of-the-art molecular biology and biochemical/immunological techniques and be adept in implementing new technologies as they become available.
- Develop functional assays tailored to drug discovery programs.
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse interdisciplinary research team.
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results.
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously and manage diverse team interactions.
- Contribute to daily lab management activities.
Primary Job Requirements:
- BS/MS degree in biology, molecular or cell biology, immunology, or a related field.
- 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical (preferred) setting is required.
- Proficient in mammalian cell line and primary cell culture and transfection.
- Experience in common molecular biology techniques such as RNA isolation, PCR/qPCR is required.
- Experience in common biochemical and immunological assays such as ELISA/MSD/Luminex, Western blot is required.
- Understanding in early-stage drug discovery process and understanding or previous experience on RNA biology is a plus.
- Experience with FACS/Flow Cytometry and gene editing techniques such as RNAi-mediated transient gene knockdown or CRISPR/Cas9 is a plus.
- Capacity for quantitative and/or statistical analysis using common software tools (e.g., GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Suite, etc.).
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at