SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At HealthCore, Inc.
, an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. and a health services research firm, it's a powerful combination. It's the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
. We are currently seeking a Researcher or Senior Researcher with expertise in epidemiology to join our Safety and Epidemiology Research team
. The Researcher will collaborate with epidemiologists, biostatisticians, programmers, project managers, clinicians, and others, to provide epidemiology expertise in support of multiple pharmacoepidemiology research projects for a portfolio of clients in the life sciences industry.
Location Requirement: Within a commutable distance from the Watertown, MA or Wilmington, DE office
- Lead or support the design and execution of pharmacoepidemiology research, including post-authorization safety, risk mitigation, and active monitoring studies
- Provide epidemiology subject matter expertise and lead or support research activities related to scientific study design, application of appropriate statistical methods, interpretation of results, reporting, and communication of results.
- Lead and/or contribute to the development of protocols, statistical analysis plans, reports, and publications.
- Lead or support the development of detailed specifications for study databases and analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures; communicates requirements to the programming group
- Conduct review of administrative claims data and statistical output to ensure the superior quality of research activities and client deliverables.
- Lead or support initiatives that leverage and enhance HealthCore's research environment.
- Publish research findings and present at professional scientific meetings.
- Present the company's epidemiology expertise to prospective clients and support business development activities, including proposal development.
This position requires a masters or doctoral level degree or relevant education in health sciences and/or equivalent training in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or a related field, plus experience (1 or more years of experience required depends\ing on position level). Key competencies:
Working at HealthCore
- Superior knowledge of epidemiology study design and statistical methodology.
- Experience leading research teams in the design and execution of pharmacoepidemiology studies.
- Experience with healthcare claims data and knowledge of advanced statistical methods used in the evaluation of healthcare claims data.
- Experience with consulting for the life sciences industry.
- Proficiency in SAS statistical software is required.
- Proficiency in R statistical software is highly desired.
- Proficiency using the Boston Health Economics Instant Health Data (IHD) tool is highly desired.
- Strong attention to detail, adaptable to changing priorities, innovative in conducting statistical analysis, and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects to ensure their quality and on-time delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and work well in a team environment.
In addition to a dynamic work environment, HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program including a 401(k) plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance coverage; tuition assistance, and an employee stock purchase plan and free parking. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, HealthCore offers the resources of the nation's leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with offices in Watertown, MA, Andover, MA and Alexandria, VA.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Diversity/Veteran Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.