Full Job Description
Job Title: Restaurant365 System Administrator
Reporting to: CFO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Depending on Experience
The Restaurant365 System Administrator position is responsible for the day-to-day programming activities, management, architecture, implementation, ongoing maintenance, and operations of Restaurant365 System. This role will also develop a close working relationship with the operations team to align the ordering and pricing updates. They should also be able to recommend new technologies, processes and/or practices to improve our business and guest experiences. Ideally the individual should have a strong restaurant operations background with a key understanding of item pricing, recipes, inventory, electronic invoicing, labor scheduling, accounting, cash handling and human resources. This role is highly collaborative and proactively engages with different teams across the organization, including, accounting, operations, marketing, human resources, vendors, support staff and development. Some critical priorities of this position are to align restaurant operating systems and processes with the needs of the business and managing problem resolutions with point of sale (“POS) technology and achieving project deliverables with little supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a high level of support to the restaurant accounting and technical systems.
- Monitors and enforces proper level of service provided by operations teams.
- Serve as administrator for the Restaurant365 and POS database and related applications.
- Actively involved in the openings of new locations, including setup, and configuration.
- Manage the planning and execution of accounting and POS downloads to the organization including all item maintenance, menu changes, price, and category management for all locations.
- Configure all discounts, coupons, and promotions for all locations.
- Develop close working relationships with management and staff, including understanding their business processes to better serve them with technology.
- Function as a problem-solving and escalation point for end-users.
- Prepare and present project status reports as requested.
- Maintains back-office database, i.e., recipes, production worksheets, hierarchy.
- Coordinates with the marketing and operations organizations to align POS with marketing/operations pricing and promotion strategies.
- Assists in the delivery and rollout of software enhancements and upgrades.
- Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and assist in recommending solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Works closely with vendors and business teams to validate features through design reviews and testing.
- Bridge the gap between accounting, operations and the technology solution by translating business needs to technical solutions.
- Elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to accounting, business processes, policies, and information systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience and Subject matter expert on Restaurant365 and POS related restaurant solutions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Handle new features, upgrades, and ongoing maintenance for all solutions.
- Effective communication skills with internal teams and vendors.
- Builds relationships with vendor tech support, resulting in better/faster resolutions.
- Ability to work with franchisees and store level management.
- Ability to multitask.
- Team oriented.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Sense of ownership at work.
- A strong working knowledge of computers and POS/BO systems.
- The ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Excellent working knowledge of the restaurant industry.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and demands while being dedicated to customer service.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
- High degree of detail orientation and organization.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply technology-related knowledge.
- Experience in teaching procedures to other members of the team.
- Highly organized, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong desire to learn as well as an ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced, deadline driven, high-risk environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to focus on details as well as the big picture
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed.