• Create RESTful API based on the Java Spring framework that run as microservices on Kubernetes within Docker containers. This might involve wrapping of legacy code or writing entirely new code that communicates with a backend database
• Create Kafka producers based on the Java Spring framework that write standardized business events into designated topics for downstream consumption
• Produce automated tests for all components created
• Participate in strategic planning sessions and technical discussions and demonstrate ability to translate ideas into technical designs.
• Adhere to technical and functional standards
• Work on resolving production defects.
• Attend Scrum meetings.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration
o A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, an associate degree in Computer Programming, or equivalent education in a related discipline is required. Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement
• 8-10 years’ experience Design, Java coding and testing or developing technical solutions
• 5+ years’ experience in RestAPI development and Spring Framework
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
Candidates should be creative, self-motivated problem solvers with the ability to analyze a broad range of technologies. They should also possess good communication and writing skills, be able to effectively multi-task, and have a strong analysis and analytical skill sets would include:
• Experience with API development and tools such as SwaggerHub and Stoplight
• Experience with Java development. Looking for a strong Java candidate.
• Experience on Spring framework and Springboot
• Experience with RESTAPIs design
• Experience SQL writing for SQL Server or MySQL
• Experience with unit testing JUNIT or
• Experience on CICD using Jenkins
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
• A successful candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills, strong communication skills, and a motivation to achieve best-in-class results. The ability to interact with external and internal clients.
• Experience in Dockers and Kubernetes (plus)
• Knowledge in memory database such as Mongo DB (plus)
• Experience with Web Method Software AG / or any other ESB (plus)
Soft Skill Set:
• Curiosity – wants to know details, asks questions and is willing to learn
• Multi-task orientation – ability to manage more than one project at a time