Retail/Consumer Products Cloud Strategy/Transformation Senior Manager
Are you an innovative thinker with a proven track record of helping Consumer Products & Retail companies transform their workforce to achieve their business goals?
The Consumer industry is focused on serving the changing consumer, who has rapidly evolving needs, behaviors and preferences for products, services, and experiences. Our Consumer Products and Retail sector is undergoing a transformation fueled by an empowered consumer, technology advancements, market fragmentation and blurring lines across the industry. Organizations are racing to compete for the consumer's attention and win share of wallet, which is creating unique challenges to innovate, modernize technology and transform business models with the winners ultimately seeing this as a consumer-led renaissance.The Team-Cloud Engineering/Cloud Strategy
Deloitte is an industry leader in our clients' Digital transformations. We recognize that the backbone enabling our clients' highest aspirations for business agility, velocity and efficiency is next-gen Cloud solutions. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full scope of Cloud services and solutions
We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage. We want talent who is ready to innovate cloud services and empower our clients to leap frog forward in their technical capabilities. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge Cloud technologies to deliver next-Gen Cloud solutions. We embrace the tech pioneer mindset and always enable our talent to keep their skills evolving at the speed at which the technology marketplace is evolving
Our Cloud Strategy practice is focused on developing and executing multi-dimensional cloud strategies that consider the platform, architecture, security, organizational and financial aspects of adopting cloud technologies.Work you'll do
As a Senior Manager,
you will lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. You will contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways including:
• Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk.
Relationship Management of executive clients and sponsors:
• Participate in Business Development, develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients, organize and lead pursuit teams, participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process, contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
Practice Development & Eminence:
• Develop practical solutions and methodologies, develop "thoughtware" and "point- of-view" documents, participate in public speaking events, get published in industry periodicals.
• Perform the role of counselor and coach, provide input and guidance into the staffing process, actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities, provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.QualificationsRequired:
- 8+ years of experience working in the Retail industry (merchandisers, specialty apparel, footwear, large food or drug stores, big-box stores) corporate or retail environment. Consumer Products space (wholesale or distribution)
- Cloud strategy, workload migration, cloud operations and managed services work in the Retail/Consumer Products space
- 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience, with proven ability to build relationships with senior business and technology leaders
- Experience managing moderate-sized engagements (4-7) team members
- 8+ years of experience in Cloud solutions (IaaS/PaaS/Big Data and Analytics) Strategy and Implementation for mid or large size organizations (this includes private/public Clouds - on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or VMWare)
- Experience in developing business case and TCO analysis drawing tangible connections between cloud strategy and business-valued financial-success metrics
- Experience in quantifying the business value of cloud and evaluating the organizational impact of cloud adoption
- Edefining and implementing governance and restructuring IT departments to optimally manage cloud environments and cloud-native applications
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Immigration: Limited Sponsorship may be available
- Public Cloud Certification(s) (AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience in recommending application cloud migration dispositions (rehost, re-platform, refactor, replace, retire) based on technical and business requirements
- Experience in infrastructure and / or cloud operations
- Relevant experience in leading reviews of clients' technology landscapes to identify a range of business-valued cloud uses cases and selecting the preferred public cloud platform for each use case
- Experience in leading multi-stream cloud transformation programs and initiatives for mid to large scale organizations
- Experience in defining business solutions (enabled by cloud) in one or more of the following industries: Automotive, Entertainment, Insurance, Life Sciences, Technology or Transportation.
- Experience in leading the definition of cloud adoption strategies for large scale enterprise data and analytics solutions and use cases
- Experience with architecting, designing, implementing, or operating IT systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google
- Experience with large and complex IT systems in an enterprise environment using virtualization or private Cloud technologies, including VMware, Xen, OpenStack, and Hyper-V
- Practical experience with modern cloud-based operations including experience leading teams of Site Reliability Engineers
- Experience in designing for resiliency in the cloud, including, an understanding of key application resiliency patterns
- Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- A background in software development and experience in configuration management (tools like Chef and puppet)
- Technology understanding of API management solutions and their role across enabling an enterprise cloud
- Comfort presenting to and delivering projects for senior leaders at organizations (e.g., Sr. Directors, Vice Presidents)
- Ability to work with a multi-location team spread across global regions
- Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint). Working knowledge and experience of MS Office applications and training development tools.
- Located within a commutable distance of a Deloitte office.