Job ID: 2114845 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is rapidly growing a System Integration team to deliver a new, complex space and ground system in support of National Security. This exciting and innovative program, located in Chantilly VA
, is leveraging best practices in system engineering, via Digital Engineering processes and technology, and in Agile software development, via DevSecOps development. This multi-year contract will require energetic engineers to define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
SAIC is seeking Systems Engineers to manage risk management
for this program, integrating space and ground development efforts and complex user and broad system interfaces. In this role you will interface with a distributed team of stakeholders to develop, manage and address program risks critical to developing and assembling the operational capabilities into an integrated architecture. To qualify, you should possess demonstrated working knowledge of large space/ground systems integration and test activities necessary to enable the successful demonstration of operational capabilities in a larger enterprise.
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Conduct risk management processes and methods for identifying and adjudicating program risk
- Conduct analysis to identify program risk areas and recommend/implement mitigation approaches
- Provide analysis and leadership to systems design and development, from initial component architecture and design through operations
- Research state-of-the-art component technologies and system concepts/capabilities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users.
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Current TS clearance with willingness & ability to upgrade
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering science discipline related technical field or 4 years additional years' experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in systems integration and systems engineering
- Experience in risk management activities
- Experience in 1 of these 3 backgrounds: Space, Ground RADAR or EO related systems
- Strong leadership, interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requirements and tasks
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters of Science in engineering, science or related technical field
- Authored Risk Management plans
- Experience with systems integration throughout the lifecycle
- Experience in large systems acquisition
- Experience in leading contractor/industry teams
- Experience with space-ground systems architectures and lifecycle support
- Experience using model based system engineering concepts
- Experience with Agile software development
- Thorough understanding of space systems design, integration and test requirements and test execution, including test equipment support.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.